cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systems in no Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have systems with different codification to unicode. I know XI uses Unicode, is there any problem conecting XI with no-unicode systems?

It shouldn't be...no?

Regards,

Urtzi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Urtzi,

Is this a Non Unicode system an SAP system or a Non SAP system?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

SAP XI is unicode system.

We have Non-unicode SAP systems and probably all kind of non-SAP systems (Unicode and non-unicode).

Regards.

Urrzi

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Non Unicode SAP systems are not an issue as far as I know.

You can maintain connections in XI to the non Unicide SAP system and XI has capabilities to handle the same.

In the case of non unicode Legacy systems ( in case you are using File adapter etc ), you can face an issue if the data is a data that is not supported by a Valid XML character set.

Look into this link and you can see the Hexa Decimal Range of valid Unicode values.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-well-formed

If the Legacy system is sending data confirming in this range then you will not face an issue, else you might need some special logic to handle the characters,

Regards

Bhavesh

ps Currently facing an issue when Non Unicode data is in my source file sent by my legacy system and having to write modules to handle the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Urrzi,

Not very sure about Non-SAP systems, but SAP systems are not a problem. But take care with passwords. They are case sensitive in Unicode systems and non-case sensitive in non-unicode systems.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks both!!

Message was edited by:

Urtzi Barandiaran Aguirre

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor