cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Task from BPM API 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I just install  SAP Netweaver 7.3 Enhancement Package 1 Developer Workplace and SAP Netweaver 7.3 Developer Studio Enhancement Package 1.

I am currently working with BPM's and i need to generate a screen in WebDynpro where you can see all TaskInstance for an TaskDefinition.

I didn't find any class or method than can  give this functionality,I was designed an indirect solution for this, but I think is not the best.

This is the solution I found, could  you help me validate if it is correct way? or if is possibly, could tell me if exist  a better way to do it?

Using BPM API for Java:

1. - Define the TaskDefinition and ProcessDefinition of the tasks we need to look.

2. - Get all instances of a process by the method ProcessInstanceManager.getRunningProcessInstances (URI ProcessDefinition)

3. - For each process instance, get active tasks by the method TaskInstanceManager.getTaskAbstractsByParent (URI processInstanceId, Set <Status>           statuses)

4. - With  the active taskInstance, validate if her TaskDefinition corresponds to the sought (step 1)

5. - If equal, store this  task in an array.

6. - At the end you get an array of valid tasks .

The potential problem I will see, is the performance that it can cost when there is a lot of running processes.

In advance, thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramiro

I do not see much of a performance problem if you just create web dynpro application which fetches all process and task definition.

Even without the Web dynpro, there would be multiple processes running..so creating a simple WD wnt much add

But ofcourse, you should size your BPM box accordingly - that should handle the number of users and the number of processes running concurrently. Rest all should be fine.

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks Sandip!!

Your answers is very helpful.

Regards.

Answers (0)