cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to Upload open Projects in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As part of cutover activities i need to upload about 250 Projects along with activity, Material assignments for the client.

What is the best way to do this? is it LSMW (if yes can someone help me understand what all LSMW's should be created)? Or is there any other way to upload the open projects faster.

FYI -  system under consideration is ECC6.0.

Any pointers on possible best ways to do this will be really helpfull.

Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use following BAPIs which I have used and they are fast for data upload.

1) BAPI_BUS2054_CREATE_MULTI - For creating WBS elements

2) BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE - For creating project definition

3) BAPI_BUS2002_ACT_CREATE_MULTI- For creating network activities

4) BAPI_NETWORK_COMP_ADD- For adding components to network activities.

You can call these BAPIs sequentially using ABAP program and upload projects and related data.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahendra,

I'm having an issue using the BAPI_NETWORK_COMP_ADD- For adding components to network activities. I'm filling the BAPI with test data but when I execute, no material components are added. I'm not getting an error either so i'm not sure what is wrong. Perhaps you could give me some suggestions? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

regards,

Angela.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Apart from Mahendra's suggestion, you can consider BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN. You can create multiple objects in same BAPI.

Also if you come up with a generic project template having WBS and activities, it will be easy for you to copy this template to create your projects. You can suggest client to ignore additional WBS/activities for particular project and use what they need for that project. Project template can be created by combination of standard WBS and standard network assignment. Further you can copy this template to create projects using BAPI or LSMW.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Shrikant