Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can PI be FTP server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got a new requirement.

Normally PI has the capability in connecting to different FTP servers securely and read the directory structure, pick the file, do some file operations, like copy, delete, rename etc.. So here, PI acting like FTP client, is connecting to FTP server of the partner into their network.

But our partner says, we do not allow you to enter into our network, instead we will send you a file and you need to accept.

So our partner system will be client, PI system should act as FTP server.

PI has that capability? acting as FTP server?

If so, what details I need to submit to our partner? Have them FTP'd, then authenticate through Certificate logon, allow them, take the file and process it.

Thanks,

Suraj Pabbathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI as an application does not have the ability to act as a ftp server. But PI has its own application file system and hence an ftp server can be installed on it, as Mike already mentioned.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

>>But our partner says, we do not allow you to enter into our network, instead we will send you a file and you need to accept.

One option would be to host a webservice and expose it for your partner to access and send required data instead of FTP.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>PI has that capability? acting as FTP server?

If so, what details I need to submit to our partner? Have them FTP'd, then authenticate through Certificate logon, allow them, take the file and process it.

the easy idea... install an FTP server (most OSes have this) and let the partner know the FTP details and use PI to pull the file later on from this FTP - as simple as that,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

PI System has NFS , so you can pull the files from your third party application to PI NFS directory. these files can be processed further.

but PI middleare is difference compare to FTP and comparision is irrelevent.

Regards,

Raj