cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post two entries for a single material code in vf01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a requirement where for one material two entries is required to show the sales in two division in pre defined ratio: the scneraio is like " there are two different sales team working in our organization (under single sales Org).One particular material is of division a1 which sales are bokked under division a1 but some cases leads are taken by division a2 sales team and they wants to see that 50% of total sales volume of that material should be post under division a2.

I am not able to map this in to SAP can any one suggest that by doing some kind of invoice split or using any user exit in VF01 t code to achieve the goal.

Plz revert with some ideas to map this scenario.

thanks

sp shukla.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As i understood your post, this is nothing to do with customer. So I dont see any reason in deviating from the standard behaviour. Its luks report is needed to derive the target sales of each sales team at a specific time period.

If so, i would rather suggest to develop Zreport.

eg:

1.You can either enter two line items in sales order for single material if the lead comes from diff sales team. Introduce/Add a zfield in additonal data A or B @ item level  & during creation add the sales team code in this field. Later you can use this field during Zreport development.

2. Else add Zfields in Additional data A/B @ item level as follows:-

Sales team code --- Qtty  --- display field" Bal qtty"(Total ord qtty- Qtty)*

eg:  ST1----------------50  -------- 25

ST1----------------25  --------- 0

note: total ord qtty for Mat1- 75 ea . *to validate with the total order qtty,

Introducing two cond.types & posting into two revenue accounts is not much convincing, I dont think FIN dept agrees to this proposal. Just for internal reporting better not to create new G/L accounts when its possible to achieve by Reporting.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure how bonuses or whatever are linked to sales volume, however I think an easier option than trying to change the billing process might be to look at the reports that the company uses to relate sales volume to "division" and create Z reports that split the figures appropriately (and a Z table for the materials).

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel that this is not possible in functional.  Better it is done through ABAP.

The reason is:

1.There should be only one sales order, delivery and bill.  As the customer will give one PO. 

2. The sales order should be created in a sales area.

3. There is not configuration to split the sales order value according to ratio.

I hope this is better done by a ABAP consultant.

This is very good scenario to work.

Harsha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SP Shukla,

If GL Account posting is the requirement then you can carefuly customise your Pricing Procedure and Access Sequences to serve your purpose and it is possible.

But one material multiple division is not possible. So you need to convince your client regarding this.

Even if your are can use Sales Group concept for reporting purpose, only.

Regards,

Deb

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are two different sales team working in our organization (under single sales Org).

Why dont you go with Sales Office concept where you can differentiate these two teams ??  You can differentiate sales report sales office wise also.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Sales offices are common for both divisions sales team.we tried to convince BPOs but they are not accepting any thing. They only wants that during billing system should decide and post part quantity & value in both divisions as per ratio defined by the management so that sales incenives and other MIS reports should show actual information in SAP which is they are bound to do manually.

Is it possible any way in SAP? if yes guide me how I can go ahead.

regards,

sp shukla

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you utilize sales employee partner type in partner determination configuration (sales and billing documents). I think in CO-PA sales employee can be added as characteristics and reports can be generated on it. Many businesses use this report for calculating incentives.

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They only wants that during billing system should decide and post part quantity & value in both divisions as per ratio defined by the management

I am not sure how far, you will be able to succeed even if you go with billing user exit.

First thing, you have to develop a zee table where you need to have fields like Sales Area, sales team (somehow you have to differentiate the two teams).  Next, in VKOA, you need to include this field related to sales team and assign the G/L Account.  Finally, with the billing exit USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZC), you have to post the revenues as you want.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva Ram,

We are useing sales employee partner type in sales order and billing but dont know how to add as characteristics in CO-PA. Currently no CO consultant are available. If you know Plz share it.

reards,

sp shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I will discuss your solution with abaper and try to do this. In the mean time one of my freind who is workin in IBM, he sugested to use two condition types in pricing procedure and copy the total sales value(after discount and tax) in propotion in these condition and assign with seperate GL codes.they have done for one of their client for similar scenario. But I am not able to understand how this amount will be nullified during VF01. He will explain me later as he is in out of country now and will share it if it will work for us. I am just asking you that is it possible by any way?

regards,

sp shukla

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for one material two entries is required to show the sales in two division in pre defined ratio

Can you please let me know how the accounting entries should be by giving an example. 

I am just asking you that is it possible by any way?

To confirm this, I need understand what process your client is following and especially, how they want the postings in FI side.  Based on this, we can customise the system to suit the requirement but again, as a Functional Consultant, you need to provide BEST SOLUTION from SAP point of view.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Sorry for the delay in response. I was out of the city for some personal work.

Acct entry they wants that customer will be debited for whole invoice value and revenue aacts should be split based on defined ratio as credit i.e. for one material two revenue GL to be posted.

I have suggested to post manual FI entry at  month end as I am unable to find any wayout to post acct entries in VF01 t code in two revenue accts.

regards,

sp shukla

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

one material two division its not possible,  but you requirement you division for one material , at posting the billing document for accounts , here will system takes only one division only ,,

so you can do the two sale order for different ,at creation of sale order you enter the distribution channel is different ,

like first order

second   oder

in this time for first sale are maintain the material division as -A1

on second sales are maintain the material division as - A2

Then you activate item division for at VOV8 , then you will raise the sale order for two ,

on that time only will post the two division one material ,

please check this

former_member188027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

to book sale for 2 diffrent division under the organization through invoice split hope this is not possible in SAP. In such case you have to extend the material for both division and have to create diffrent order for each division as per required qty (%) and have to book the sale. If you have already created  the order for one division only then you have to create diffrent order for another division as per required qty and required to transfer the material stock ( eg- from one SO to another) and have to book the sale.

Reg,

Anand