Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Shipping Point to Multiple Plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario is like this.

Material 120000111 is manufactured at plant 0001 and plant 0002 wants to sell this material. now this material is not extended to plant 0002 as both are in the same sales org.

We want to create one delivery and one invoice for the same material and one Sales Order. we have different shipping point for different storage location.

Is it possible to have single shipping point for both plant?

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeseh,

We have to extend the material from plant 0001 to plant 0002 .

With out extending system will not allow you to create sales order against plant 0002.

Thanks

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I support the idea of extending the material 120000111which is manufactured at plant 0001 to the plant 0002.  Unless the the material is extended, the delivery is not possible.

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with all the experts here. It is possible to have same shipping point for multiple plants and you can set it in OVL2. But I am not sure why you dont want to extend the material to plant 2? As others said, unless you extend the material to plant 2, it can not sell the material.

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

We have to extend the material to the plant 0002 other wise the system wont allow you to enter the material and the plant 0002 when the sales are happening from the plant 00002 in the item level while creating the sales order.

The sales area has to be extended for both the plants 0001 and 0002

Regards,

Swathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

The issue is from , Thankyou for supporting.

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Yes, you can assign one shipping point to multiple plants.

However, your stated requirement is 'plant 0002 wants to sell this material'.  If plant 0002 does not exist in the sales order, then it will not be associated with the sale, regardless of which shipping point you use.

So, yes, you can have 'one delivery and one invoice' for the material.  However, these docs will be against plant 0001, and against plant 0001's company code.

Best regards,

DB49

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested by Shiva, you can have one shipping point for multiple plants as long as you extend the shipping point to both the plants in OVL2.

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have one shipping point for two plants. However, why can't you extend the material to plant 0002. If this plant wants to sell the product, then it must be extended to 0002.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for your reply.

In our system configuration is that materials in number range 12 are finished goods and their price control is "S". so when i extend to another plant it is required cost estimation, while it is not manufactured there. that is the reason i am not extending.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh

You can not sell the item from plant 0002 unless you extend. Else do some stock transfer from plant 0002 to 0001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest to process the stock transfer order between the two plants. 

Harsha.