Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material stuck in QI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our one of Material which batch managed got stuck in QI

Inspection result was recorded and when tried for entering the UD material inspection lot stock tab was missing.

We just entered the UD and saved but now we are not able to move the qty to unrestricted which is still laying in QI

I tried all possible way's I know

Can any body help on this?

Regards

Josy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any luck

Regards

Josy

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Josy,

I understood that you are unable to clear the stock from QI to unrestricted. You tried through MB1B  with 321 movement but system threw error as change in QM only. This clearly indicates that stock is inspection lot relevant and must be posted through inspection lot.

1. Even though you have already verified that inspection lot did not contain stock posting tab, could you re-verify using t code QVM2 for this material? (This would ensure we are looking at correct inspection lot)
  2. If you find any lot there (in QVM2), clear it and perform stock posting. Remove date restrictions while executing QVM2.
  3. If you do not find any lot there and unable to to post through MB1B, this could be stock inconsistencies between MM and QM
  4. As suggested by Sujit, you need to implement SAP note 48815 to clear MM and QM inconsistencies. This will post the stock to unrestricted.
  5. Kindly read the note document in detail before implementing.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check for inspection lot with SPRQ status. (I suppose you have already checkd)

If there isnt any inspection lot for which Stock posting is remaining, then it might be possible that material has been manually posted to Quality through movement type.

try to post it using MB1B.

regards,

Amol Manave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check the SAP note 71762.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

MB1B using 321 MVT I tried but it's not working out

I'm getting an error "Change the inspection stock of material  in QM only"

Current status of the lot is "UD   ICCO STUP"

Regards

Josy

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi josy,

Check PO, If Account assignment is there and is mentioned as F or K, then stock will not be posted to

it is one of the reasons.

Regards,

Amol Manave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

It's not an assigned PO

Inspection lot was created, result & UD was recorded.

But while entering the UD in QA11 screen the third tab (material inspection lot stock tab) wasn't shown

So we saved the UD without entering the posting qty & the qty got stuck in QI

Regards

Josy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josy,

Check the batch status in MSC2N (blocked or unrestricted). Also in MMBE where the material is lying (Quality or Unrestricted use)?

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

In MMBE also Material is laying under QI only

Regards

Josy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josy,

Have you checked authorization part of QA11?

Have you activated source inspection for this material?

Is there a SKIP status on the inspection lot?

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

I've checked QA11 authorization & no skip status is activated

Regards

Josy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josy,

As i told earlier check whether the "Post to Inspection stock" indicator is on..(MM02 Material Master >QM view Inspection set up).

If that indicator is on, but still you are not getting the inspection lot stock tab, then i suggest you to reverse the inspection lot (txn MBST by giving the material document number and try to make GRN again for this material)

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I've checked in MM02 Inspection set up indicator is on.

But we can't cancel the GR, because the same GR contains some other items for which payment & consumption also happened.

Regards

Josy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its simple as status of this inspection lot is "UD   ICCO STUP" is means this lot is not stock relevant .

or

second reason is ,there is already consumption happened say aginst cost center.you may check the "item catagory" of the PO,What kind of PO is this ?

Its material document that can tell you ,what is stock type of in MIGO.?

or

implement this note 48815 and clear the inconsistancies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josy,

What is the inspection type you are using for that material. See there are two type of inspection types in QM

1. Stock relevant: e.g. 01,04,08,09 etc

2. Stock Ir-Relevant e.g. 03,14,05 etc

So if your inspection lot belongs to these stock ir-relevant  inspection types then there will be no chance of any stock posting there.

If the inspection lot belongs to the inspection type from Stock relevant types then check whether the "Post to Inspection stock" indicator is on..(MM02 Material Master >QM view Inspection set up)

Also let me know what is the status of the inspection lot..

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

We have used inspection type 01 & current status of the lot is "UD   ICCO STUP"

Regards