Hi Experts,

I have maintained the following category for IE configuration in Tx sxmb_adm :

MONITOR                    ALERTING_TARGET

RUNTIME                    CENTRAL_SYSTEM                    EXCHANGE_PROLFILE

RUNTIME                    CENTRAL_SYSTEM                    SLD

RUNTIME                    ENGINE_TYPE

RUNTIME                    IS_URL

Can you please suggest the following?

1.     I am expecting a payload size of 2 MB in text file for asynchronous scenario? What should be the entries in Tuning category i.e. EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT?

2.     What should be the Tuning parameters in DEV,QA and Production i.e. I mean to say what parameters should be avoided in Prod environment?

3.     What all neccessary parameters which I need to include in IE configuration?

Regards

Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1.     I am expecting a payload size of 2 MB in text file for asynchronous scenario? What should be the entries in Tuning category i.e. EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT?

you can leave it as it is for now - unless you expect something wrong will go via PI ...

>>>>2.     What should be the Tuning parameters in DEV,QA and Production i.e. I mean to say what parameters should be avoided in Prod environment?

never enable - LOGGING_SYNC on PRD

>>>>3.     What all neccessary parameters which I need to include in IE configuration?

deletion category - like - PERSIST_DURATION (for async, for history)

tuning category - IS_RETRY_LIMIT

runtime HTTP_TIMEOUT - in some cases this needs to be increased

monitor - CCMS_MONITORING 

BTW

some more scenario scpecific are described here:

3.1.2 XI Configuration Parameters

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c935e444b...

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for your suggestion !!! Great

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

in case you need something more detailed do come back as these are only general suggestions

as what I understand you're just doing the first install - some of those parameters are interface specific and will/might require more tuning later on - but first some of the interfaces need to start running

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (0)