cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver WAS Installation error at Windows 7

0 Kudos

Hi,

We encountered the following error while trying to install SAP Netweaver Web AS in the Window 7 PC.

From the logs, I can see the error FSL-02007 and FSL-03006. The account we are using have administrator rights.

TRACE

inserted account (mbb, S-1-5-21-529210025-886771477-1189197646-1003, USER) into the accountcache.

ERROR 2012-07-02 17:03:16

FSL-02007  Unable to set access rights of C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/services.SAPtmp. SetNamedSecurityInfo: This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.

ERROR 2012-07-02 17:03:16

FSL-03006  Unknown exception caught when trying to add an entry to the service file.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't install SAP on Windows 7 serversion. SAP has not released the kernel for this. Please check the PAM before installing the SAP . You can install train version on Windows XP sev2 . all the best...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Firstly, I am surprised that you are trying to install SAP on Windows 7 as I was only aware that SAP can be installed on Server version of any OS(Window 2003, 2005.. etc).

Anyways, as you said your user id is already having admin authorization you can check the below steps too ,

1. Check whether you can open and modify the file

%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\services.

2. If you cannot do this, find the application that has locked this file.

3. Check whether the access rights for this file permit the Administrators user group

to have the Full Control authorization.

Let us know how were you able to solve this issue.

Regards,

Pradeep

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you start the installation as the administrator user ? If yes , check the permission of the directory

C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc

Also are you installing the trial version ?

Regards

Ratnajit