cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of Xml to Xsd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein, I need to convert Xml file to Xsd.

The conversion is done using StylusStudio 14 days Trial Version.

Can I use the Xsd in the Client Production System?

Will it create any license issues?

Your answers will be appreciated.

Regards,

Deepthi Premnath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepthi,

I would suggest not to use trial version nor online tools. If you are trying to create XSD for third party data, ask them if they can provide schema. If your customer or company does not have tools to create XSD, just use PI to create XSD. Although, It takes time and effort, I think that is the right way to go.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

I think you should forget this applicattion for commercial usage. I've checked the license:

Evaluation Basis. If the Product is licensed on an Evaluation basis, then it is licensed on a Workstation basis or a Server basis for fifteen (15) days from download or receipt (as the case may be) unless a different term is listed in an Order Letter, subject to the additional restriction that it be used solely for evaluation of software applications and not in conjunction with the development or deployment of such software applications in production. NOTWITHSTANDING THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 4 OF THE AGREEMENT, USER UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PRODUCT LICENSED ON AN EVALUATION BASIS IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR ARISING BY CUSTOM OR TRADE USAGE AND SPECIFICALLY MAKES NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AND (ii) THE EVALUATION VERSION OF THE PRODUCT CONTAINS A DISABLING DEVICE THAT WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISABLE THE EVALUATION VERSION AT THE END OF THE EVALUATION PERIOD. Pursuant to Section 2.2 of the Agreement, User acknowledges and agrees that within five (5) days after expiration of the term of the evaluation period or earlier termination, as the case may be, User will return to DataDirect or destroy all copies of the Products and certify in writing to such return or destruction of all copies of the Products. User further acknowledges and agrees that the evaluation period may not be extended by uninstalling and re-installing the Product or by any other means other than DataDirect's written consent.

To generate a XSD from a XML is an easy problem and there are some free and online applications to do it.

Regards.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion, you can use this xsd file. Normally the Trial license means that you are only able to use the tool over some period. But the results that you produce with the tool within this period (the .xsd file, in your case) are not subject to this limitation, I think. In other words, anything you are able to do with the Trial version, is acceptable by the license.

Still, it seems reasonable to relate to the StylusStudio license to make sure about that.

Regards,

Greg

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this one:

http://www.flame-ware.com/products/xml-2-xsd/

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

XSD generated from XML can't be under copyright laws, there is the same if you use a calculator and the result will be under copyright. However, you can use a free tools like this http://www.xmlforasp.net/codebank/system_xml_schema/buildschema/buildxmlschema.aspx,, there are lot of them in the web, and free.

Regards.