cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate Accounting for diffrent business line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

The scenario is my client has diffrent business line, One of a kind of business is they sell Raw materials and Packing materials to sister company and the accounting department wants to make this business a seperate one because there is no margin of profit.

Can this be done by creating diffrent Sales Organization...??

Please suggest some solution

Thanks

Fahad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can this be done by creating diffrent Sales Organization...??

Not necessary.  Have a new pricing procedure where you consider VPRS as your PR00 so that the requirement can be met.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gentlemen,

In my opinion the question is to make the sales of some material "as a separate business". It is not about pricing or determination of pricing procedure.

accounting department wants to make this business a seperate one because there is no margin of profit.

Fahad,

If "a separate business" is to post in different G/L accounts for these material, then looking in to account determination would be the right thing to do. You could create a new material account assignment group in MMR, Tab Sales: sales org 2

To post in different G/L accounts, a new Sales organization can also be created, but it would be too much work and unnecessary for only this requirement.

Look in to Business Area too, it is internal reporting for divisions.

Ofcourse if you provide more information as to What accounting department wants to achieve by creating a "separate business", members might be able to suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

T W

You are right, You actually got my point. The issue is in progress once it is finalised about the requirement i will update accordingly.

Till Then

Thanks

Fahad

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fahad,

You can also think of creating seperate Division for sales to Sister Company. This will ensure that you can maintain seperate Condition Records & also have seperate reporting for Sales with no Profit & no Loss.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All

Those were valuable points.

Regards Fahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just need to have a new pricing procedure as said by Laxmipathi. Even if the sales area and document type are same, just maintain a new customer pricing procedure indicator for the sister company and assign the combination in OVKK.

Regards

Harish

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad ,

Create a new sales document type all inter company sales capture in that document , and have different pricing procedure for the same as u r not selling to the customer  , and if maintaining the customer wise price then no need of new pricing just just maintain the condition record as sold to party basis

No need of different sales Organization

Regards

ramesh