SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM and GM Availability Control for CO Cost Allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I run cost allocation with Funds and Grants Management activated in my system, however, the allocation figures get posted without any effect on the budgets in FM and GM. I was wondering if there is any way to activate budget availability check for cost allocation process in Funds and Grants Management. I will also like to know how to go about this setting or any other way to achieve budget checks for cost allocation process.

Thanks for your help.

16 REPLIES 16

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to switch the integration between FM and CO via IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Actual and Commitment Update/Integration - Integration - Integration with Cost and Project Controlling

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Eli,

I have done just that but the availability check is still not done both for FM and GM. Do I need to perform other process before the setting becomes effective?

Chuka

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, you are sure that CO documents are updating FM and it's just AVC messages that are not triggered? Can you check, that FM documents are actually created on your allocation cycle execution, i.e. table FMIFIIT is updated?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Both FM and GM documents are created but AVC is neither done nor is the budget affected but both FM and GM documents are created as you can see from the attached screen shot.

Chuka

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And FM objects of this document are relevant? If yes, try runnning FMAVCREINIT. If it's still not helpful, try and check FMAVCT table: if i's properly updated for the documents in question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thanks so much for your help so far. I had earlier run FMAVCREINIT and the CO posting did not still work. I have checked table FMAVCT as you recommended and all the entries are there (but the period was 016 for all entries). I checked budget report again for consumed amounts and I did not find any of the posted figures. The availability check was also not done.

Chuka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you can check the posted FM document to see whether the allocation sender and receiver belong to the same AVC control object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From this link - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/b9/3ea62b417c11d189400000e829fbbd/content.htm - I see that data from CO allocation is updated in Funds Management using value type 95, without availability control and therefore does not have any effect on changing the budget.

I however need to update budget in my own case so I was wondering if there is a way to modify this default config?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand your CO allocation has updated FM. The point is that if the sender and receiver update the same BCS control object then, of course there is no AVC effect. Just run FMAVCR01 to find out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sender parameters: Cost Center - 1004, Cost Element - 613002

FM address - NOT-RELEVANT/99999999/1004/613002 (Grant/Fund/Fund Center/Commitment Item)

Receiver parameters: Internal Order - WHP-FP-EX, Cost Element - 613002

FM address - 00000000000000700000/20000001/3003/613002

The values above show that the control objects are different, if I understand you clearly.

I was wondering if you saw the link in my previous post because from the information there I understood that the default behaviour of secondary CO posting is that availability check is not done and thus budget is not updated.

I would appreciate if I can get further help from this insight provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

I was wondering if you saw the link I sent in the previous post? Is is true that the default configuration is such that AVC and budget are not updated for Secondary CO posting?

Chuka

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I read it. Never used allocations for budgetary purposes, so it might be right. However, you can try and change it with FMAVC_ENTRY_FILTER for posting filter, trying to change AVC skip flag.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

I've seen another post - http://scn.sap.com/thread/1956702 - which shows it is possible for budget and AVC to happen with CO allocation. In fact you contributed to the post. I have done all that was stated in that post and I still cannot have availability check working for my Actual Cost Distribution process. I really need help.

Chuka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is your system 4.6? It is definitly possible in ERP 6.0 and above. As a matter of fact our assessment cycles triger AVC just fine. Please read the 'Integration' section of the link below and also click on the hyper link 'Recording Actual and Commitment Data' in the section:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/a0/1af53b3e1a8f3fe10000000a11402f/content.htmhttp://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/a0/1af53b3e1a8f3fe10000000a11402f/frameset.htmhttp://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/a6/17f53b9f150248e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Minghong,

Please clarify - does AVC check all CO-postings in your system? What about Internal Order settlement or cost allocations? Have you implemented any ABAP-enhancements to do that?

Regards,

Oleg Tolstashov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Chukwukadibia!

Kindly let me know - have you solved your issue with FM AVC for CO-postings?

I'm facing the same problem now. Would like to have a suitable solution.

Regards,

Oleg Tolstashov