cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Manufacturing plant as depot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a requirement for changing the manufacturing plant as a depot(Due to some business reason). Since so many transactions have done with this plant need your suggestions on the impacts by changing plant to depot and what are all the preliminary precautions i have to take for this activity.

Regards,

DVNR.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Dnv,

If u change as a depot then so many legal issue come of console ur Fi team , As plant sales we have CIN config all the excise duty is charge on the basis of plant, cheater ID , series  grp,

Instead of doing that u can create on depot within a plant , different physical location

And talk to ur CIN consultant FI team

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

As per your suggestions instead of changing plant i am creating depot .

DVNR.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would suggest you create a seperate Plant in SAP for Depot & do not change the existing Manufacturing Plant in SAP as depot.

It is not advisable to change the existing Manufacturing Plant in SAP as Depot because you have to change at many places & think of scenario that in future you get Material returns sold when the Plant was Manufacturing PLant & now it is depot in SAP?

Similarly there will be many place where the existing Plant is referred as Manufacturing Plant,  say in Invoice Print-Outs.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

when you can change the plant to depot , so meany settings will changing also business process also will change ,

first it will activate the plant settings as a depot ,

img- logistic general - tax on goods movement - india- basic settings - activate plant data as depot ,

excise group here settings as activate depot settings, business transaction data level , - out going excise invoice- here not assign the  delivery to billing type , also maintain the default  excise group and serious group , accounting settings , serious group it will chage

this settings must maintain ,

but when you change the plant as depot is totally different

va01-vl01n-vf01-j1iin- plant normal sale

va01-vl01n-j1ij-vf01 - depot sale

please check this

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check what would be the cut-of date for this Plant to Depot transition takes place.  Next you create a new Depot in Logistics-General and do other depot related settings. Dont change the existing plant configuration to depot which will lead to data inconsistency.

G. Lakshmipathi