Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggestion for File scenario

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

i want help on following scenario.

i want to pick files from some folder suppose *.csv files in test mood and then send to another ftp folder.

again when user put more files then i don't want to pick old files.

e.g.  earlier it pick files 1.csv,2.csv,3.csv

after some time new files will come like 4.csv,5.csv

i want only pick 4.csv,and 5.csv.

so how can i prevent them not to pick old files

Regards

Gagandeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gagandeep,

You mean you want to process the files, but without removing them from the source directory? AFAIK, this is possible with Processing Mode = "Set to Read-Only":

By default, PI only processes files that are not Read-Only. If you choose this option, each file is set to Read-Only after processing (instead of deleting/archiving), so that it is not processed again.

Read more about this feature here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/6830e67f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Regards,

Greg

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gorz,

but after one week i want to pick all files for some report generation. then it will not pick old files.

How can achieve this.

Regards,

Gagandeep

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gagandeep,

The suggestion by Greg would work, but you have that option only with NFS protocol.

Alternatively you can try to archive the files to new location.

>>but after one week i want to pick all files for some report generation

If this is going to be another interface, then you can pick the file from Archive directory. You can also try to achieve the scenario with shell scripts.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about creating a separate sender channel for the weekly report, with "Process Read-Only Files" option enabled?

Regards,

Greg

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have requirement like this.

EX:

I have file name called ABC_20120702 01:30:01.csv,ABC_20120702 01:31:00.csv , i have to pickup that file today and should not delete it and should not mark as 'Read only'. We have to keep that file as is in FTP.

I will have another file like ABC_20120702 01:35:02.csv , i have to pickup this file alone and next week i need to pick all fiels

Please let me know how can we do this?

Regards

Gagandeep

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you seem to be complicating the scenario. i would prefer to make slight modification to the process and move the files to a different folder for each scenario processing.

Any reason why you would not be able to adopt such a case?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if the best way is to rename these files or your client generates these files with different name-pattern in order to be selected with different interfaces and with the options pointed by Greg or Zammer.

Regards