cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while saving tcode TRIP in travel mgt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have maintained IT 0017 and when i run tcode TRIP and save its throws an error as Error while writing to the database (PTRV_HEAD/PTRV_PERIO/Cluster TE)

I have gone through sdn previous thread and checked all the suggestions and it seems everything fine like full authorization,number range setup to personal area.

So if anybody worked on it or can give me the solution that would be grate please.

Regards

vibin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you please check for the personal area the employee is assigned to .Then please look to transaction PR10 and check if you have created a number range interval for this personal area. Important: there must be an internal number range interval with number 01 (not just 1!)

Further could you please check SAP note 1545686 for a solution to the above issue.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanti,

Thanks for the replay !!

I have maintained setup number range perfectly as you said but doesn't know y its not saving in TRIP tcode.

However i have reconfigured from the begning and assigned new number range in PR10 and now its working fine.

I can save Trip and also successfully went till PR05 with status SETTLE

Now when i run PRFI tcode its throwing error as

No vendor found for this selection

Trip could not be included in posting run

Could you please tell me where the config missing.

I have taken FICO help and created an vender number and now am in a confused that where this vendor number to be assigned in back end configuration as i can assume that vendor account is not linked to personnel number and that's y the error

Regards

Vibin

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Regarding the new error,

please check on the following... The Employee number needs to be  assigned to a vendor for a given

company code . Please assign this employee to a vendor in transaction XK02, and check if this solves the issue.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

vendor is created and assigned to co code in tcode XK02 but after this tcode where should i go to link to my personal number  where posting run successfully.

My vendor number and emp personal number are different. Hope that is not the reason for error.

Regards

Vibin

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally you would create a vendor from a pernr trhough tcode PRAA. This would automatically link the pernr the the new vendor, and transfer some of the data from the ee to the vendor.

If the vendor is created independently, you would need to link this vendor to the pernr in XK02 through 'Accounting info' view (in Copmany code data block).

0 Kudos

Hi Vibin

I moved this to the Travl management forum and also have a look at this document regarding Vendor creation via PRAA - it explains the process Ted has referenced:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27098

There's also some info on this and common problems found on the Travel management wiki too!

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/Travel+Management

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally

I doesnt knew that there is a separate form for TV. ITS grate that i may get solution from here.

Hi experts :  when in run tcode PRAA and execute its throws error as

05.07.2012Create vendor master records according to HR master records     1

Employees for whom a vendor master record already exists

Personnel number missing in company code segment!

What would be the error. My FICO guy is new to this concept even.

Please help me

Regards

Vibin

0 Kudos

I think you should find an answer in this KBA 1593603 or else wiki page 

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/dZQQDg

Hope it helps!

Sally

0 Kudos

Actually just one additional point on the 2nd error you got, it also depends on whether you are running PRAA in update, change or initial set up mode

In the report RPRAPA00, there is parameter ' 'Create new company code segment for existing vendor master records' as a checkbox under the 'Initial setup' maintenance mode, and it offers you
the following option:

If there is a vendor master record already available for a predefined personnel number, but it does not have a company code segment for the company code in which the employee is situated for the key date entered,
then program RPRAPA00 supplements the vendor master record with the required company code segment.

In your case, the company code already exist, so it will not create or add a new one with this option.

Hence this could be why you are also getting the error depending on what mode you run the report in!

Answers (0)