Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install a dialog instance for NW 7.02/ERP60/EHP5 on Windows 2K8

rszkudlarek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I just encountered a strange problem. My task is to install an additional DI to an existing ERP60/EHP5 system on a second server. Both servers are running Windows 2K8 64-Bit. I started SAPINST on the second server from the downloaded Installation Master (51041254) which was used to install the running system.

In SAPINST I started with EHP5 for ERP60 / Software Life-Cycle / Application Server / MS SQL / Dialog Instance

I tried a typical and a custom installation (both ended with the same error)

I entered the profile directory from the existing server

I entered the passwords

I chose the local dir for the Kernel

I entered the instance number 21

Then "Next" and the error showed up

The error message is "Caught ESAPinstExecption in module call: There exists no package with name SAPLUP ..". The Kernel-DVD was copied locally and the are all kernel files for Windows and the SL Controller 700 & 720 dirs. I was searching for a note which could help but every note I discovered was dealing with a different problem or doesn't give the final clue.

Please help, I'm totally stucked and can't go any further.

Roland Szkudlarek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check this note Note 1341276 - Inst.NetWeaver 7.0 EHP2/Business Suite 7i2010 - UNIX

Refer to the section Dialog instance: package SAPLUP requested

Regards

Ratnajit

rszkudlarek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Ratnajit, that was the missing link!

I found this note some days ago but ignored it, because it says "UNIX" and I'm on Windows. Now SAPINST goes to the next step -> problem solved.

Best regards

Roland

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hello,

Please check note #1562522  SAPINST aborts during central instance installation

regards,

John Feely