cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transport Order Delivery Schedule Line Duplicated after BOP in APO 5 and 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, to all the guru's

We have created a new Stock Transport Order that undergoes ATP check in APO with Delivery Proposal (C).  Since it is confirming against incoming sales orders, we have added the Stock Transport Order to APO BOP. 

The STO is picked up and processed by the BOP according to filter and sorting criteria, and from the BOP Monitor screen everything looks ok.

However, when we go to the delivery schedule tab within the STO via ME23N we noticed that BOP added the new schedule lines to the delivery schedule without removing the old ones, so that the delivery schedule lines just continue to grow and every time we run BOP on the order it just creates more duplicates of existing lines.

What is interesting to note is that in CO09 (which pulls stock and order data from APO) the requirements/confirmation show up correctly (no duplicates).  This leads us to wonder if it is a CIF issue, or somehow that BOP does not update the R/3 delivery schedule correctly even though the STO schedule lines are correct in APO.

Since we're also undergoing an environment change we have verified that this behavior exists both in APO 5.1 and APO 7.02 (we have patch SAPKY70201 applied)

If any one have any idea as to how this could possibly happen it would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much.

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

This is not normal behavior.  I have worked on several scenarios which run BOP on STOs, and I have never seen this issue.

You mention two SCM systems.  I hope you are not implying that both of these systems are connected to the same ERP system for the same objects at the same time.  This could definitely cause the error.

If this is a new implementation, I would go through all of the CIF configuration to ensure that you have not made any logical errors.  Both systems (ERP & SCM) must be configured using the same logical objects and names.

Otherwise, you should check your system for locally made enhancements that are causing this behavior.

Beyond this, raise a message with SAP.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply!  Yea. Only one APO environment is connected to our test environments right now (name APO 7).

APO 5 was connected during our previous release and this bug prevented our BOP configuration from going live.

We'll work with our CIF consultants to see if there are any issues CIF side.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ran some further investigation and noticed that in SAPAPO/RRP3 the confirmed delivery schedule lines against future inbounds don't show up at all. RRP3 only shows the original schedule line with the initial requirements but not subsequent confirmed lines.  Would this cause the above behavior in which BOP essentially isn't aware of the fact that there are previously existing schedule lines?

Since the STO was created in R/3 and we are only leveraging APO for GATP for the STO, we did not implement anything in PP/DS or configured any transport lanes. Could that be causing the issue?  According to sap help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/f9/ae6c3c42ac6335e10000000a114084/content.htm it seems that PP/DS and transport lanes must be configured to support STO in APO?

Since APO is not creating the STO requisitions or STO's from planning, what exactly do we need to configure in PP/DS to enable STO schedule lines to show in RRP3?

Thanks,

Daniel

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi wen,

I don't think this is anyway related to PPDS, but i have seen this similar issue, where BOP creates new schedule line for every run, and SAP has provided a correction note for this as well.

You probably would like to check it at service market place.

Rgds

Sourabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel -

You would not happen to be running parallel executions of backorder processing would you?  The reason I ask is that I have been working with SAP and have had several OSS messages in with developers over the last five years regarding the issue of duplicated schedule lines on stock transport orders.  In our business we have to run multiple batch jobs in parallel to be able to get through all the sales orders and stock transport orders within our environment.  When this occurs the same stock transport order can get picked up by multiple runs and therefore processed twice within the same time frame.  While you would think DB locks would prevent duplicate entries from occurring, it does not.  We just recently upgraded to SP14 and updated our configuration to include the ATP check rule C and sure enough we are still duplicating schedule lines in BOP. 

I know this does not solve your issue but it is a potential cause for why you are seeing it.

Thanks,

Rachael