cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Server logon error: x83000002

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following message in a pop up window while trying to login to MDM Data Manager and hence unable to connect to MDM repository:

"Image Server logon error: x83000002"

I am able to mount and view the same repositories through MDM Console.

How can this be rectified ?

-Thanks,

Padmarajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the error code x83000002 can be resolved to "WinSock error on connect"

Basically this can have 2 reasons

• the repository is not loaded (I think you have checked this )

• there is a network issue, like a firewall

event that you are able to mount and access the repository through the MDM Console.

Kind Regards

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Thank you for the reply.

Repository is loaded and running. I could check this through console. Any clue on what would be the network/firewall issue behind this.

-Thanks,

Padmarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to ping the MDM Server and check if the firewall block the Server Ports.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ping to MDM server with relevant ports are working fine. I am testing this using a simple telnet command (for eg: telnet <server ip> <port>).

-Thanks,

Padmarajan.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plank,

Thank you for the link..but I had already gone through the link before posting this thread ;-).

Please help.

-Thanks,

Padmarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe another idea...

The MDM Server requires a set of free fix TCP port numbers for communication. 20003, 20004, 20005.

Could you please check if the ports are open and not used double?

On MS Windows environment you can used the command line window and execute

netstat -p TCP -b -a

(be patient, needs some time because the name of the executable will be resolved)

Something like this should appear

[...]

TCP MYPC:20003 MYPC:0 LISTENING 4004 [mds.exe]

TCP MYPC:20004 MYPC:0 LISTENING 4004 [mds.exe]

TCP MYPC:20005 MYPC:0 LISTENING 4004 [mds.exe]

[...]

When the repository is loaded, it must be related to the network.... confusion

Regards

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

We have the port 20003 opened. This port I guess is to access the MDM server. Any clue on what are the other ports 20004 and 20005 for?

I tried your command. I guess it gives only the ports which are already opened. Does it give all the ports that the application tries to ping ?

I am really confused

-Thanks,

Padmarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found this:

Also, you would require to open the ports of indiviadual repository. These port numbers can be seen in the MDM Console.

Perhaps this is the reason for the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plank,

We have two repositories and the ports corresponding to both are opened. I could see these ports from my console and I guess if this were not opened even the console would not load the repositories. Where as in my case I am able to see the repositories in console , but has problems with opening data manager.

We are missing something somewhere

-Thanks,

Padmarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmarajan,

The Console uses a different port for communication with the MDM server as compared with the other GUI clients like Data Manager, Image Manager, etc.

Please make sure you open the Port assigned to the Repository and the other two like for example if Product Rep - 2000 then make sure 2001 and 2002 are also open different operations are allowed on different ports though dont remember them out of my head now.

For more details I would like to recommend the reference guides for MDM

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmarajan,

MDM Server uses ports 20003, 20004, 20005 (always)

MDM Server uses repository TCP port x until x+2, each repository with its own range. E.g. if a repository has TCP port 4510, than MDM should have 4510, 4511, 4512 open for this repository.

MDM Import server uses 20003 and 20009.

MDM Syndicator server uses 20003, 20007 and 20010.

The netstat command itself works on my server. It shows listening and active ports... maybe you should play around with the command... Sorry

Regards

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Thanks a ton for the reply. I would go forward and open all the ports required. Will post it if I am able to solve the problem.

Points rewarded

-Thanks,

Padmarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I opened the ports 2345, 2346 , 2347 and 20003, 20004 and 20005 and now my data manager is opening fine.

Thanks all !!

Padmarajan.

Answers (0)