Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queues in PI

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I know that XBT1 is for high and XBT9 is for low priority interfaces.

Can you let me know the following -

1. I have configured 2 separate file to file interfaces one with XBT1 and other with XBT9 ....how can i test/confirm that one interface is priortized over other

2. what are XBTA , XBTZ queues used for ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>I know that XBT1 is for high and XBT9 is for low priority interfaces.

These are only on the inbound side of Integration Engine. Meaning that, after mapping pipeline step, they does not follow respective high or low prioritization. Hence you need to create XBTA and XBTZ on the outbound side for these interfaces.

tcode: SXMB_ADM --> Configure Filter for Queue Prioritization

To test your filters locally, expand the button and then click on execute button. Provide your configured interface details to test on respective inbound/outbound channels.

In real time, you need to check SXMB_MONI TRACE for these interface messages, during inbound and after mapping pipeline step (For outbound) stages.

- Praveen Gujjeti

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for a very useful answer.  So i can say the following -

1. XBTA - for high priortization on IE outbound

2. XBTZ - for low priortization on IE outbound

is this correct?

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>is this correct?

Absolutely, correct.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

a few more things:

a) if you have 7.1 (or more) and if you're running ICO (local processing)

you should be using message prio on adapter engine and not on IE (as IE will not be used with ICO)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60832bd5-f4ff-2b10-8080-c8da8c6db...

b) for queue monitoring on IE for XBT1 queue for example you can always (and you should)

put a message size value in the queue configuration this way you can easily check if the messages

are going/not going via this queue (on the basis of your XML message size only)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal ,

Thanks for an excellent reply.

I went through the doc for priortization on AE ...I have the foll questions -

1. Do we also have Inbound and outbound queues on AE like we have on IE?

2. In the doc they are putting some dummy delay in the message mapping so that the sender adapter worker threads are occupied....

But my question -  is not the task of sender adapter already done when the control reaches the message mapping ....how can a delay in MM keep the sender thread waiting

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1. Do we also have Inbound and outbound queues on AE like we have on IE?

no, there is only one type of queues there

>>>is not the task of sender adapter already done when the control reaches the message mapping ....how can a delay in MM keep the sender thread waiting

I don't know the concept of mapping delay so I'd need to investigate

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

I am actiually refering to the document that you sent for priortization on AE ...where in they are putting a dummy UDF in the mapping to keep the sender file adapter thread occupied....

So my question  is not the control from sender adapter released when the control goes to MM...then how can the delay in message mapping occupy the sender adapter thread ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it refers to the send of the receiver adapter, so the inbound interface. However, the example looks a bit strange to me, too. They program a 4 second delay and later on the screenshots show messages waiting for minutes. It doesn't look very consistent, although the basic message could be true.