cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubled Schedule Line

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on the configuration stage. I tested my doc types. I have 2 document types. First is the cash sales and the other is charge sales. When I look at the schedule line of the item on the charge sales, I always see 2 delivery dates---please see the image below. This is not happening on the cash sales. Please help me to figure out. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

07/01/2012 = Requested Delivery Date.

This is the date that the customer is requesting to receive the delivery. The system will execute a scheduling to check if this delivery date can be met. Scheduling works as follows:

Requested Delivery Date - Route Transit Time (0VTC) = Goods Issue Date.

Loading Date = Goods Issue Date - Loading Time (OVLZ).

Material Availability Date = Loading Date - Pick / Pack Time (OVLZ).

So the system will check if the material is availabile on the material availability date. It does this be checking transaction CO09 (For a typical sales order process, use checking rule A).

If the system does not find that the material is available on the requiired date, the system will look forwards to see when the material becomes available.

So the system then executes a forwards scheduling:

Material Availability Date + Pick / Pack Time (OVLZ) =  Loading Date

Loading Date + Loading Time (OVLZ) = Goods Issue Date

Goods Issue Date + Transit Time (0VTC) = [Actual] Delivery Date

The original schedule line is retain as this is the customer requested date and if the material is to become available earlier than expect, then rescheduling may adjust the confirmed date to get the material to the customer earlier.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anwar,

This is the basic difference betweem Cash Sales & Credit (Charge) Sales.

In Cash Sales normally the Customer comes to your Plant, pays for the good & takes the Delivery of the good immediately. Thus in SAP standard in case of Cash Sales, system proposes the current date as Delivery date.

In case of Normal Sales, when you create a Sales Order in system, you normally enter the Requested Delivery Date given by the Customer. Thus here the system tries to check whether it can Delivery the Goods at the Customer's requested Delivery Date, if not, it does some Calculations based on Configuration settings & proposes a future date. As far as settings for this are concerned, people have already explained above in detail.

Thus the bottomline is your system is working perfectly & normally.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar ,

As i mention before

See when u do the normal sales the availability check is carry out depending on the material availability system will confirm the dates however

In the Cash sales there is no availability check carry out thats why u are not getting the 2 schedule line

it will confirm in the same dates

pls see the screen shot for         sales document (or)+item category ( Tan)+schedule line CP /CN

For cash sale                                sales document (BV)+item category ( BVN)+schedule line BV

cash sale  Is a order related billing  and there no availability check

Regards

Ramesh

Message was edited by Lakshmipathi

ps:-  Pl try to suggest to the query raised.  I feel, you were deviating from the original query which will mislead

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Unfortunately you are incorrect with regards to the schedule line category for Cash sale process in standard SAP.

It is not BV.

There are 2 ways to check this:

1. In VOV5, give item category as BVN and check if BV is one of the item categories

2. Read in SAP help - the first letter in schedule line category represents the process

E.g.

A = Inquiry

B = Quotation

C = Order

D = Returns

I hope this shall clear this slight misconception. Feel free to comment.

In my opinion we have to be very careful while sharing information with regards to correctness, as we are "informing" many "new and young colleagues".

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/55fc67545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

FYI  CS schedule  line In English BV schedule line  Germany language pls refer below screen shot

And TW before commenting anybody pls check ur self  and test it

I am  very careful while sharing information with regards to correctness, as we are "informing" many "new and young colleagues

Pls u also also careful

Regards

Ramesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for your post!

I have to repeat my message to you i.e. Unfortunately you are incorrect

with regards to the schedule line category for Cash sale process in standard SAP. 

It is not BV.

Comments to your previous post:

1. Neither schedule line category CS nor schedule line category BV is used for Cash sale process, in standard SAP.

The screenshot you have shared clearly conveys that the schedule line category (for Cash sale) is CP, for item category = BVN and MRP type = Blank.

CS schedule  line In English BV schedule line  Germany language

In Schedule line category CS is NOT same as schedule line category BV.

CS is used for 3rd party sale process.

BV is consumption MRP

3. Sales document type BV is actually sales document type CS.

But we are not contesting Sales document type. We are debating: if BV is the schedule line category for Cash Sale process.

Please do the following:

A. In your test system / IDES system, create an order of Sales document type CS, check the schedule line category.

B. Create a discussion here in SDN forum and ask What is the schedule line category in Cash sale process, in standard SAP.

I hope from this discussion we all can learn and grow our knowledge in SAP SD.

Please feel free to give your comments.

Thank you!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW ,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/863315

In this threads also Mr.Kamesh  Mention as CV please cross check

And refer my screen shot too

Regards

Ramesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

For cash sale                                sales document (BV)+item category ( BVN)+schedule line BV

In earlier posts you suggested that BV is the schedule line category for Cash Sale process, in standard SAP.

This is incorrect.

Having a schedule line category starting with C e.g. CP or CN or CV etc. is very much possible. It depends upon the business requirement and the configurations in VOV5.

I hope we have cleared the point: "schedule line category is NOT BV, for Cash sale process, in standard SAP"

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW ,

try to understand the point BV it just a German Laguage CV in English Language Both are same

Hope now u will understand

If not please let me know we will clarify

Regards

Ramesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

What you are saying

try to understand the point BV it just a German Laguage CV in English Language Both are same

Is incorrect.

1. Schedule line category BV is BV in both German and English.

2. Schedule line category CV is CV in both German and English.

3. Schedule line category BV is NOT the same as schedule line category CV

Please check the details of both schedule line category in VOV6.

BV is blank, on the other hand CV has movement type, relevant for delivery etc.

CV could be the schedule line category for CS process, as it is relevant for delivery.

On the other hand BV can NOT be schedule line category for CS process, as in BV relevant for delivery is not ticked (i.e. BLANK).

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tw ,,

U r correct Thanks For ur information always healthy discussion help us ,

Thanks For correcting me

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

As its showing 2 dates in delivery the reason is the 1st date is coming from

Propose delivery date filed in Requested delivery date tab in VOV8. and the 2nd date based on route.

So to avoid 2 dates please un-check  Propose delivery date filed in Requested delivery date tab in VOV8.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar ,

See when u do the normal sales the availability check is carry out depending on the material availability system will confirm the dates however

In the Cash sales there is no availability check carry out thats why u are not getting the 2 schedule line

it will confirm in the same dates

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not a ATP in cash sales...?

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan ,

as he already mention that its confirming the one date that means that its already tick

Hope it will clarify ur doubt

Regards

Ramesh

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is confirming on one date, it does not mean that no availability is being executed.

It could also mean that an availability check is being executed but the material is available on the required date.

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Noel ,

there is no availability check in the Case Sales

And Mr Sayan concern is for propose delivery date pls refer the screen shot for ur information

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

I assume the reason is for the Propose delivery date filed in Requested delivery date tab in VOV8.

For this reason the system generated the delivery date as today and the ATP confirmed as per the scheduling.

Please un-tick Propose delivery date filed in Requested delivery date tab in VOV8 and check.

Chers

Say

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The interpretation of the above screenshot is as follows:

1. On 07/02/2012, 80 PAC is confirmed to reach the customer.

2. On 07/01/2012, 0 PAC is confirmed to reach the customer

07/01/2012 is being populated from the sales document type (charge sale), in VOV8, field Lead time in days.

07/02/2012 is being populated with Forward scheduling, Material availability date (coming from MMR)

Thus for charge sale availability check is being carried out and the system is then populating when (date) confirmed material can reach the customer.

If user deactivates availability check, then system shall confirm the delivery date as 07/01/2012. In other words, only one line shall be populated in Tab Schedule lines.

To understand in detail please read the theory of Material Availability.