Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal Reports Server 2008 TRIAL version: Error returned from Windows Sockets API: 0 (also 10054)

We are upgrading our development environment from XP and Visual Studio 2008 with Crystal Reports Server XI SP2, to Windows 7 64-bit and Visual Studio 2010 with Crystal Reports Server 2008. I keep getting an error when trying to load a report via RAS: "Failed to connect to server xxx. Error returned from Windows Sockets API: 0" Looks like it's in clientdoc.dll.

Crystal Reports Server 2008 TRIAL Version Error received when trying to load a ReportDoccument object without specifying a port:

"Failed to connect to server "XYZ" Error returned from Windows Sockets API : 0."

System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

&H80041015

Nothing

&H80041015

Nothing

False

"clientdoc.dll"

at
CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object&
DocumentPath, Int32 Options) at
CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath,
Int32 Options) at
CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

If I change the Report Application Server to use a specific port and specify that port with the servername on the load, then the error received when trying to load a ReportDoccument object becomes:

"Failed to receive reply from server: Error returned from Windows Sockets API : recv (buffer) 10054

NOTE:

Using “Modules in Memory Viewer” I see the following two versions of clientdoc.dll are loaded when the error occurs:

crystalras.exe from Crystal Reports Server 2008 Trial Version loads clientdoc.dll (12.3.0.601) from c:\program files
(x86)\business objects\business objects enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\clientdoc.dll

and

w3wp.exe (our IIS app running in 32-bit mode built with Visual Studio 2010) loads clientdoc.dll (13.0.3.612) from c:\program
files (x86)\sap business objects\crystal reports for .net framework 4.0\common\sap business objects enterprise xi 4.0\win32x86\clientdoc.dll.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.

Tom

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question