Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMXX Release own jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a request to allow users to release their own jobs via SMXX. My issues that no matter how I set the objects, the Release button on SMXX is not activated.

Do I have to allow acces to SM37 as well for them to release their jobs?

This has me frustrated to no end since I thought S_BTCH_JOB with RELE would do it but it doesn't.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Bobbi

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any entries in table BTCOPTIONS?

They should have released the job already from the application tcodes where they choose "execute in background". That is adhoc reporting for end users (SMX(X)).

Or is this a periodic job (the user is attempting to immortalize themself in the system...).

Another common error is that the second field of S_BTCH_JOB (job group) is not actually used anywhere in the coding and expects a '*' value. However the authority-check statements are interpreted as ' ' (space) in the ST01 trace when scheduling the job. If you only trace the scheduling and enter ' ' or some other banana in the field, then the RELE in the job action field is not enough for the btc processor to release it.

Check the second field of the auth with RELE in it. It needs a * and does not check anything other than that in the end as the grouping of jobs was never implemented. It was defered to the application transation access or the batch administrator (users with access to SM36 and Sm37 and external batch admin tools).

Cheers,

Julius