cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hana certification without BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am a web developer and changing my career to SAP . I looked into it and found that SAP HANA would suite me because I already know the database concept. But i have a question that if i do only SAP HANA, would that be sufficient to get a job in SAP HANA or do in I  need to do BI and get experience in it as well?

Your help would be highly appriciated.

Thanks

Muntazir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP HANA can be used against SAP and non SAP data sources. So if you want to move to a career in SAP, I would say SAP BI/SAP ECC/SAP HANA and a functional domain expertise goes a long way .

SAP HANA is implemented for high performance real time reporting scenarios due to its in memory columnar analysis capability. That being said, there are many companies who have already invested in BW Accelerator, and other BI performance enhancements within their data model which suits their needs and would take a while to move into HANA.

However there are many companies out there who are using/plan to use HANA against other relational databases along side BOBJ data services. So HANA adoption is on a rise.

HANA is the way to go for any BI or SAP BI professional working in the SAP space.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vinny

Thank you for your informative reply. I appreciate it.  You said at the end that "HANA is the way to go for any BI or SAP BI professional working in the SAP space."  Does that mean i will have to be a SAP BI professional to be a SAP hana professional? Or can i just study or get SAP hana certficate and directly employed in HANA without being in BI space ?

Thanks again

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muntazir,

Even I am planning  to do HANA course.( I've 2 years of exp in Java).

Did you take the course?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

With HANA certification alone, you can target firms who don't use SAP, but these companies would be using Business Objects suite of products or other ETL tools to work along side HANA( not aware of other ETL tools which works with HANA). Typically with HANA, most firms who don't use SAP, leverage Business Objects Data services to bring data from their database systems into HANA. So that way, you would need to be familiar with the ETL product as well.

There is still need of good HANA consultants in the market, But with the product being new in the market, the implementations are done in house.

SAP careers are usually experience driven. So if you want to work on HANA against SAP data sources, you need to be knowledgeable in SAP BI/SAP ECC/ABAP and strong SQL skills which would definitely help in HANA modelling.