cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order rescheduling problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I run the reschedule job V_V2 in the background at 3:00 am and noon every day. Most of the 4000-5000 schedule lines reschedule properly but many times there are order schedule lines that do not get processed and the material availability dates do not change, This hinders our customer service team in providing acurate information to our customers.

I have been working through this issue over the last several months to find the cause with no success. Once a scenerio is discovered, the business usually takes action to address it and that typically either does not provide the time needed for research or the data changes.

I finally have a scenario with limited variables and should be untouched for a couple of days:

1 part number

19 sales orders

of the 19 orders, 14 are single line orders

of the 19 orders, 18 did not reschedule at all from the time they were entered (between June 8 and June 27)

the one order that did reschedule daily had 2 lines and each line was for the same part number, line 1 shipped complete once stock was available about 20 days after the order was entered on May 2 and line 2 is rescheduling properly every day

all orders were entered in SAP when stock qty was zero

process orders existed several weeks prior to sales orders being entered

SAP R/3 4.7 using standard reschedule program - SDV03V02 since the installation of SAP in 2005

V_V2 selections:

Options

Process sales documents checked

Sort Order

Document category - 1

Prioritize sales documents selected

Delivery Priority - 5

Date - 2

Sort by delivery date of earliest schedule line selected

Document Number - 3

Documnent item - 4

Anyone have any thoughts as to the cause of the inconsistent processing of the orders?

Could it be caused by the selection made on the Availability Control screen when entering an order?

Thanks,

Greg Russell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still feel the data provided are not sufficient to analyze. Despite that, can you check the material master ->availability check field value in sales:general/plant, then safety stock is maintained in MRP2 view? Can you also check the customer masters of these sales orders to see whether complete delivery field is checked or not and partial delivery is not allowed is set or not in the shipping tab? In the sales order ->item ->schedule line, check whether fixed quantity/date is set or not. If set, you need to remove it. Also check whether the customer-sales orders are on credit hold or not (use t.code VKM1).

There are quite a few OSS notes talking about performance/issues related to back order processing. You may take a look at Note 866110 - Documents are not rescheduled or Note 957484 - Incorrect results in V_V2 without material/plant selection and/or Note 549064 - FAQ: Rescheduling and backorder updating in R/3 to gain more understanding.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Availability check is consistent with all other items in system

safety stock is zero

for all customers deliver complete is not selected and partials are allowed

none of the orders were on credit hold

Since I originally asked this question, I had V_V2 run in dialog mode and all the orders rescheduled properly.

Is there a difference between background and dialog mode for this program?

Thanks for your help.

Greg

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps the omitted orders are locked elsewhere in the system at time of rescheduling? Check SM12 to ensure they are not locked.

Also, the Fixed Date & Quantity indicator would ensure they are excluded from V_V2.

There should be no difference between dialog and background...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

SM12 does not show any locks and the fixed date and qty are not set in the orders

Greg

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As rightly pointed out by Shiva, the data you provided is not sufficient for us to look into the issue.  However, ensure the following:-

a)  no material master data changes happened for availability check in MM04

b)  those material masters does not have KP for the field Availability Check

c)  sufficient stock is there to confirm all those sale orders.

You should be aware, if we check in schedule line tab, system will show one line, if the confirmed quantity is zero.  Only if stock is made available subsequently, the same will be confirmed in the next line with the proposed date of delivery.

You can also have a look at this thread where similar issue was discussed.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3158988

G. Lakshmipathi