Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a Webdynpro scenario!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following scenario.

I have a webdynpro application (form) which allows the user to change some data. When the page loads, the data already available is displayed in the corresponding UI elements in the form. This is done using a BAPI call. Then after the user modifies the values and clicks modify, the corresponding values should be updated using a different BAPI call.

Here, for displaying the values at first, I have mapped the view context to the controller context and in turn to the corresponding model. But to update using a different Model class, how can we map the updated values dynamically, say on submit? Can the view context attributes, mapped to multiple controller context attributes? Or is there any other way to acheive this.

I have another question. I have a dropdown UI element in the same application. It is populated with data coming from a BAPI call. But how can we set the selected value to the one which the user has already stored previously? Remember, the user is modifying the values.

thanks in advance!

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

As you are using differnt BAPI for updating the record, you need to explicitly pass the parameters from BAPI1 to BAPI2.

You need to instatiate BAPI2 model as you do for BAPI1.

set the parameters for BAPI2 model from BAPI1.

Regards, ANilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your reply.

I have mapped the view context elements to a set of Model attributes through the controller context. But that is for one BAPI. If the user changes the values a updates, how can we get the changed values to the second BAPI? Can we map a view context attribute to multiple controller context attributes?

Any Idea about the second problem?

Thanks again

KK

Answers (0)