cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory fields in Contact Person: Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to make fields like Gender, Function, Business Address fields as mandatory. Is this possible in SPRO? Please advice.

Thanks, Debbie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make these fields mandatory with the Account group transaction.

Path:

<b>IMG-Financial Accounting-Accounts receivable and Payable-Customer Accounts-Master Data-Prepration for creating master data-define Account group with screen layout.</b>

Here select, the group as '0001--sold-to party.

Next chosse either General data/Company data/sales data, where you need to make the changes.

Example: say for address, choose general data [dobule click on that], next double click on address, finally select the fields you want to make mandatory, display only, hidden, etc.

Regards,

Gauravjit.

Reward points if the solution is helpful.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you all for your replies.

I have also asked SAP about this issue. The reply given is that it is not available to customise within OBD2. It falls under a different module/component.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debbie,

would it be possible to tell me how to change the settings for a specific field.

The answer I got from SAP was less than informative.

Thanks Ute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debbie,

I would be very appreciative if you could pass on the module/component/IMG path/trans code where this is done. I am also trying to do what you mentioned and have not found a location in the IMG to do this.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debbi,

did you ever find out how make individual fields mandatory for the contact person ?

I have tried pretty much everything in CrossApplication->BusinessPartner and Business Partner Relationships, but cannot get it to work.

I would appreciate the info.

Thanks Ute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

As everyone said use T-Code OBD2 here you can make your field optional/suppress/mandatory.

I think your question has been answered allready, Pls don't forget to reward points to everyone who helped u.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debbi,

You can control customer master details by going to T. code OBD2.

Select

0001- sold to party -- > Gen Data -- > Cont Person.

Here you can make the fields required as either

suppress, Required Entry, Optional , Display.

Hope it helps. Please reward if it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The T.Code for that is OBD2.

This is the place where we can make the fields required for us to be madatory , optional, suppress.

These are called as linking rules.

Mohan

Award points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

<b>IMG-Financial Accounting-Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable-Customer Accounts-Master Data-Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data-Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)-0001 (Sold -to- Party) -General data,Gender, Function, Business Address fields & Contact person</b>

You can change it.

Rewards point it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I am able to make Contact person mandatory for certain fields (department, function, first name and name). However, I need to make business address of the contact person as mandatory too. The business address of the contact person can be found at the overview screen of the contact person. Can this be done in SPRO?

Thanks, Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

<b>IMG-Financial Accounting-Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable-Customer Accounts-Master Data-Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data-Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)-0001 (Sold -to- Party) -General data-Contact person</b>

You can change it.

Rewards point it helps