cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate and import Main table hierarchy field (MDM 5.5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am struggeling to export and import the main table hierarchy field from one repository to another. As I want to automate this process I will use MDSS and MDIS, hence I use MDM Syndicator and MDM Import Manager. (MDM Data Manager is not an option)

I succeeded to export the data into a xml file in two different ways but I don't succeed to import the xml. On the other hand I know the xml structure required to import it with the import manager but I cannot syndicate it that way. See my examples further down for clarification.

Can anyone tell me what is the right approach?

Thanks a lot

Pasci

Let's look at an example: The main table has a key field material number [MatNr] (e.g. 1, 2, 3) and the hierarchy nodes suppliers [Splr] (e.g. A, B, C).

Syndication option 1:

I can syndicate so that all suppliers are written into one single string; per material number. E.g.

<MatNr>1</Matnr>

[Splr]A,B,C[/Splr]

<MatNr>2</Matnr>

[Splr]A[/Splr]

<MatNr>3</Matnr>

[Splr]B,C[/Splr]

Syndication option 2:

I could also syndicate so that each supplier is written into separate field; per material number. E.g.

<MatNr>1</Matnr>

[Splr]A[/Splr]

[Splr]B[/Splr]

[Splr]C[/Splr]

<MatNr>2</Matnr>

[Splr]A[/Splr]

<MatNr>3</Matnr>

[Splr]B[/Splr]

[Splr]C[/Splr]

Import option:

I can import the xml if the data is structured like this (one MatNr = one supplier). E.g.

<MatNr>1</Matnr>

[Splr]A[/Splr]

<MatNr>1</Matnr>

[Splr]B[/Splr]

<MatNr>1</Matnr>

[Splr]C[/Splr]

<MatNr>2</Matnr>

[Splr]A[/Splr]

<MatNr>3</Matnr>

[Splr]B[/Splr]

<MatNr>3</Matnr>

[Splr]C[/Splr]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

What is the error you are facing while executing the import?

Is file going into structural exception during first two approaches?

For the first approach, issue could be that auto value mapping is not getting done for this multi-valued field. Reason could be:

• Key Mappings not maintained for the given remote system
  • Multiple value delimiter used in XML file currently is wrong(in Import map you might have maintained multi-value delimiter as semicolon ';' while you are sending comma ',' in XML file.

For the second approach, issue could be that file is going into structural exception due to the reason that your XML schema does not support repeating nodes for Supplier for single Material.

You can try making this node as repeatable and then check if it is working fine.

So kindly provide me your observations in this regard so that i could see any other possibilities of this behavior.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj