cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Analyser displaying empty list on SAPLogon

0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please help me with a SAPGUI issue we are experiencing.

Many of our users are still using the 710 SAPGUI, we are starting to rollout the 720 SAPGUI but this project has been overtaken by an AD migration. We have discovered that any new build laptops/desktops that are using the new AD domain with the 710 GUI and are not showing the list of Systems available in the SAP Logon when using the Bex Analyser, normal SAPGUI is working fine.

We know that if we copy the saplogon.ini from C:\Program Files\sap\frontend\sapgui into the C:\Windows folder resolves this problem but we do not want to have to maintain this file in two different places.

Any suggestions on how we can resolve this? We don't understand what has caused this situation to start happening?

Many thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

do you have SAP GUI 7.20 PL 7 installed? Otherwise the entries may not be shown according to note 1579124.

Furthermore, the saplogon.ini is stored in %APPDATA%\SAP\Common with SAP GUI 7.20 (see note 1446840 for further information).

I suggest you try to set an environment variable to for the saplogon.ini as described in note 507667.

Hope this helps,

Jann

0 Kudos

Hi Jann,

Thanks for your response.

The problem we have is with the 710 GUI and not the 720 which I know is no longer supported but we need to find a solution before we can complete our 720 rollout.

I've looked at Note 507667

Personally I'm running the 720 GUI and don't have this issue and tried the following.

1. Copied saplogon.ini from C:\Program Files\sap\frontend\sapgui to C:\Program Files\sap

2. Edited the SAPLogon in the target folder so that I can identify each one.

3. Set the variable to the updated saplogon.ini

4. Open Bex Analyser but get the original saplogon , not the one the variable is pointing to.

Do I need to logoff/logon when I change this variable?

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Did you set the environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE in Windows? System control panel -> System -> Advanced system configuration -> Advanced -> Environment Variable

This should solve your problem.

If you cannot solve the problem, I suggest you trace which saplogon.ini file is used (see note 308929 for further information).

Kind regards,

Jann

0 Kudos

Hi Jann, Yes this resolved the problem. Many thanks!  Mark

Answers (0)