Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.1: JMS Receiver Adapter Issue

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I had a existing scenario in Development environment and the same scenario in QA environment.

The scenario is from IDOC to JMS. IDOCs are posted as external messages in JMS queue in TIBCO.

The scenario was working fine in development but when it was tested in QA, the messages at the receiver JMS channel are going into the "Holding" status.

I tried to contact the TIBCO guy but he says the connections are fine. I checked the Adapter Monitoring in QA for the interface and tried to re-send the message from PI but I got the below Audit Log. The channel is shown "Green" in the communication channel monitoring.

I havent yet tried restarting channel as it may cause trouble for the message stuck in "Holding" status.

Please advice on how can I fix this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if there are any previous messages that have failed.

If so reprocess it / cancel them to process the remaining messages on hold.

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thank You for your quick response.

I have re-processed all the "Holding" messages of the past 1 week and then I re-triggered the New "holding" messages but I didnt see any improvement/progress.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Arkesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i will suggest that you increase the date range and check if there is any message that is in error status (IE and AE). usually holding status happens for messages in EOIO mode. It could be potentially due to the error message that the other messages are on hold now.

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Please let me know how can I check which messages are EOIO?

I have cleared approx. 2000 messages in error from IE and around 250 from AE (not related to my JMS interface). But I am still facing the same issue.

I try to re-send the message and I get the below message:

29.06.2012 15:34:05.880InformationTrying
to retry the message because of administrative action of user
"XXXX1234".
29.06.2012 15:34:05.909InformationAdmin
action: Trying to redeliver message.
29.06.2012 15:34:06.178InformationThe
message status was set to TBDL.
29.06.2012 15:34:06.340InformationThe
message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.
29.06.2012 15:34:06.578InformationThe
message status was set to HOLD.
rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the payload of the message and compare with processed message, Shabarish already pointed the reason.

Is this issue happening for only one message or all messages?

Regards,

Raj

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

This issue is occurring only for past 2 days in QA environment for JMS receiver adapter.

Thanks,

Arkesh

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Many thanks for your help!

I was able to clear out the error messages but I am still unable to understand why I am unable to clear out error messages with red dots. It gives me an error saying that "You cannot cancel message <message id> with this status/type"

Can you please let me know how can I clear those error messages ?

Thanks,

Arkesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

red dots.. typically are sync messages that you cannot cancel or reprocess.

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You again.

Is there a possibility where I can change some settings in my JMS receiver adapter so that my holding messages are sent to receiver queue ?

Regards,

Arkesh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

The holding messages usually refer to queued up messages which are waiting for their turn.

There might be some message that is stuck up, and all the subsequent messages are holding up.

So, if you either reprocess the first message of the queue, or cancel it, the rest of the "holding" messages should get automatically processed.

How to find the first message of a queue?

In the RWB, message monitoring, for these holding messages, you can find the sequence ID (you can chose this field in the output fields ). Then you can filter based on this sequence ID and then sort by ascending order of time. The first message of the list if your first message of the queue.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I found the solution from the below links:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/417442

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2018683

I thank You all for your response and support.

Regards,

Arkesh

Message struck in adapter engine with status Hold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

As you said the scenario was working fine in development and you are facing issue in QA environment from last two days so When was the last successful test done for this scenario in QA envirnment ? only two days back or long back?

Check if any connection parameter has not changed recently  , if above is the case.

I would also suggest you to check with TIBCO team , If any recent change has been done for this interface at their end.

Thanks,

Pankaj