cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMC VMAX storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning perfrom DC migration. <SID>, Hostname everything is same except storage.

Currently we are using HP HITACHI XP storage ( XP12000 ) but now new vendor is providing  EMC VMAX storage.

SAP recommands that we should have separate FS for each sapdata<n>, mirrorlogA/B. But they are provide only single FS named /oracle which will contains all the directories (sapdata<n>,mirrorlogA/B,origlogA/B)

I want to know will it affect our performance of system (disk I/O wait times). I am unable to find SAPNOTE on this.

Whitepaper is provided by the vendor(http://www.emc.com/collateral/software/white-papers/h4283-implmntng-virtual-prving-symmetrix-dmx-ora...) but I want confirmation via SAPNOTE.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can suggest a couple of notes :

Note 793113 - FAQ: Oracle I/O configuration

Note 1077887 - SAP on HP-UX:mount & filesystem options for best performance

The intention is to stripe the data across disks and at the same time ensure redundancy. It is always suggested to store the data and log files in different disks with different redundancy levels.The striping of data enhances read.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Yeah, SAP recommands the same. But here vendor is saying that with the VMAX it is not required and your performance would be same and provided the white paper for the same. Because of this reason we want confirmation from SAP that with this new storage technology we can go ahead as vendor said.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its always best to consult SAP with an OSS message . But I suggest , you atleast have data and logs in different set of disks .

Regards

Ratnajit