cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Usage Reporting via SolMan 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have implemented Solution Manager 7.1 in our landscape and activated many standard functionalities like CHARM, EWA, etc.

We are now looking for functionality in SolMan which could help us with Transaction Usage monitoring in the managed systems. More like a weekly/monthly report showing which transactions were used by which users. I can see this information in ST03n -> workload analysis for  daily transaction usage by users.

But was wondering if some capability in Solution Manager is able to pull up the information from ST03n and provide in a reporting format. We are aware of the BPM configuration which can be used to monitor performance and usage of specified transactions from within the business processes. But in this case we are looking for a generic transaction usage monitoring/reporting via SolMan.

Would appreciate your ideas and responses regarding the same.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srikishan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishan,

CDMC is the one get the input from st03n and analyse the custom object usage.

All the other solman capablities use the extraction frame work/ccdb

you can get the transaction usage in regular workload analysis of RCA is it?

and you can get the user activity reporting in IT Peformance reporting. is it?

is it enough ? please check

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000383102011E/index.htm

Thanks,

Jansi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

Were you able to get any feasible solution for your requirement ?

I have almost similar kind of requirement to get a performance report for certain transactions in CRM system through Solution Manager, which mainly come from st03n. If you have devised any way out, I would request your help here.

I also want to request, Jansi and Prakhar, if they have any feasible solution for this.

Regards,

Manash

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

If you are on 7.1 dont only restrict yourself to CDMC only better go ahead with one more step with CCLM

i.e. Custom Code Lifecycle Management

you get the entire list of custom code periodically by background jobs in tcode CCLM

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000911762011E/

Higher people or customer IT manager are more interested in looking for dashboards where they can keep track for all the custom objects being developed and alive

also they can take decision to remove via this.

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi / Prakhar,

Thanks for the valuable information.

I tried checking RCA work center and could get details like 'Avg Dialog Response Time', 'Top dialog transactions' and 'User Load'. But could not info regarding which transaction was called by which users as ST03N usually shows.

From IT Performance Reporting, could get disconnected information like 'No. of user logons', 'User activity as per loads - high, medium or low' and 'most frequently used transaction and reports'.

So the work centers seem to give separate info regarding users stats and transaction usage stats. I was looking for a combined Transaction Usage Report showing which transaction was called by which users and if possible a timestamp. Something like below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_grcac53/helpdata/en/c4/8e28d69a7c4593b647f558f092f3d4/content.htm

I understand SolMan is no GRC but was thinking if SolMan could extract the ST03N information from managed system - there might be a way to get the transaction usage report using this information.

Thanks and Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

I managed to use Solution Documentation Assistant in SOLMAN 7.1 for this purpose, however, was able to get only list of t-codes executed in the system. No information on who executed what t-code. Would like to know if you have any update. Thanks

RajeshG

sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

I do have same requirement.

that would be great if you can share the solution.