cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Argentine doc. numbering for cc 3000, subs. , char. R, doc.type B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing below error when doing PGI for return delivery.

Error in Argentine doc. numbering for cc 3000, subs. , char. R, doc.type B

Message no. 8A127

This issue is when there is subcontracting process for argentina company.

At the time of return delivery in MIGO reference(delivery note) is automatically is set as R. As per our config it is mandatory to enter delivery note. So i even tried with some different numbers. But it is not working. If there are any config changes you could suggest could solve our problem will be really helpfull.

Delivery gets created, but when i do PGI using VL02N, blank error log is shown. Again if i try to do PGI, above error is populated.

Whenever i tried to debug, i was encountered one more error :

Of the required quantity of material &, & & remain(s) open

\Message class        M7

number 389

(s)

Now i am not getting above error, because it is stopping at 1st error of argentina.

Thanks in advence,

Regards,

Vaibhav Gandhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

The assignment of document type B for this process is not correct.

B is for "Payments", it shouldn't be determined here.

Check the following customizing for the movement type you are trying to post:

• Materials Management > Inventory Management and Physical Inventory > Print Control > Cross-Application Document Numbering > Activate Numbering for Movement Types

Furthermore, in Argentine document numbering for goods issue you have two possibilities:

• For the movement type: commonly used in case you post in MM, via MIGO
      • For the delivery type: in case you post in SD, via VL02N.

If you need to generate the official number for this process, I suggest:

• No assignment of document class for the movement type (leave the field blank in the customizing I mentioned)
    • Assignment of document class for the relevant delivery type:
      • Logistics Execution > Shipping > Deliveries > Cross-Application Document Numbering > Assign Document Class to Delivery Type

Hope it's useful!

Regards,

Ornella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ornella,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Your reply is very helpfull.

We already have assignment of document class as H for delivery type RLL since we are creating RLL type of delivery.

But it is giving preference to mvt type 122, where we mentioned as B.

B should not be there. You are fully right.  I want to know how this document class is linked to number assignment.

For eg : i have some number range, where do i assign this number range to document class?

In this case it is considering document class corressponding to mvt type, and not delivery type.

Is there any thing where we can change this preference ot is it standard ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Ok, assigment H for delivery is correct.

Yes, the system first processes movement type assignment.

No document class should be linked to this movement.

As I mentioned, you can change this in the following customizing, set the field as blank:

• Materials Management > Inventory Management and Physical Inventory > Print Control > Cross-Application Document Numbering > Activate Numbering for Movement Types

Try to change this field to blank and then post the goods issue again.

Let me know the result!

Regards,

Ornella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ornella,

Thanks a lot.

I tried in RD and tested. It worked, i.e reference number range R was properly generated. In Our case

error in Argentine doc. numbering for cc 3000, subs. , char. R, doc.type B.

This R is nothing but number range. I want to know how this R is linked to document class.

I want to knopw where we maintain such config for doc type H or B (config of number range assignment to mentioned doc type). I am not able to find any such config, since all doc type maintained are of two characters.

This info will be helpfull for me to understand what actually happened and what system is trying to fetch due to doctype B.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

You're still getting error message with doc. type B, something's not right.

Furthermore, you don't have any subsidiary (issuing branch) assigned.

You can infer this from the error message: error in Argentine doc. numbering for cc 3000, subs. , char. R, doc.type B.

(After the word "subs." a four digit branch should be informed).

Let me explain how the number ranges are configured and determined.

1. Cross-Application Components > General Application Functions > Cross-Application Document Numbering > Argentina > Define Issuing Branches

Here you have to define the four digit branch.

2. Logistics Execution > Shipping > Deliveries > Cross-Application Document Numbering > Assign Issuing Branch to Shipping Point.

Here you must assign an issuing branch (subsidiary) to the shipping point.

3. Logistics Execution > Shipping > Deliveries > Cross-Application Document Numbering > Assign Document Class to Delivery Type

Here you assign document type/class to the delivery type (should be 'H').

4. Cross-Application Components > General Application Functions > Cross-Application Document Numbering > Argentina > Generate Number Groups

Here you must generate a number group for the combination of: Company Code, Branch (define in step 1), document class H (assigned in step 3), print character R (for "Remitos": legal numbered deliveries in Argentina).

5. Cross-Application Components > General Application Functions > Cross-Application Document Numbering > Argentina > Maintain Number Ranges

Here you maintain the number range for the group defined in step 4.

Hope it's useful!

Regards,

Ornella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ornella,

Thanks a lot.

My issue got solved by making that document class as H corresponding to MVT type 122. Thanks for your explanation regarding configuration. It helped me a lot to understand how number range gets determined.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos