cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how Can I apply a automatic discount based on just item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

how Can I apply a automatic discount based on just item category ? So for example if any material that has TAN item category , I want to apply 25% discount (regardless what the material is).

I have setup a discount condition type, a condition table (sales org/ D channel / div / Item cat) , did't work. Can some one throw in some ideas ?

Thanks.

pl ignore if it is basic question but i need answer

thank you a lot for ur co-operation 

thank you so much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some of the members have suggested to go for "customization". This requirement can be met by standard SAP functionality, no need for routine etc. etc.

Create a condition type, with the correct configuration (e.g. Cal type = A, percentage etc.)

Create a condition table with field PSTYV (item category)

Put this condition table in the access sequence. (according to the business requirement, only one condition table can be put in the access sequence)

Access sequence is to be assigned to the condition type.

The condition type has to be put in the pricing procedure

The pricing procedure is to be assigned to the document via OVKK

Create a condition record.

Test by creating a sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W

IF U DONT MIND COULD U EXPLAIN LITTLE BIT PL . IF IT IS POSSIBLE IN SAP STANDERD

PL I AM WAITING FOR UR REPLAY

THANK YOU SO MUCH

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venugopala reddy venu wrote:

Dear T.W

IF U DONT MIND COULD U EXPLAIN LITTLE BIT PL . IF IT IS POSSIBLE IN SAP STANDERD

PL I AM WAITING FOR UR REPLAY

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Dear Venu,

He explained it clearly with steps...but didn't give numbers for the steps. Please read it again and if you have any question, mention the step at which you need guidance and post your questions.

I know you don't have objection for deletion of your id in SCN, as you mentioned in the previous post. But, as long as you are active, please follow the rules of engagement. Do not post messages in All Caps and also donot use sms words.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venu,

You need to maintain REQUIREMENT routine in VOFM with the help of abaper.

Logic should be if TAN item category / then  ABCD condition type should be executed in pricing.

=maintain the condition ABCD in the pricing pro.

=condition record should be maintained for 25%. as u said.

=Maintain the routine number in requirement.(V/08)

Regards,

JD

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jayadev,

For this requirement a routine (or code) is not needed!

In pricing procedure, there is a field PSTYV (item category) in the field catalogue which can be used.

This is a simple requirement which can be met by standard SAP.

FYI - Another requirement in the same lines is for a particular Sales document type (e.g. Rush order) a surcharge of 30% must be applicable.

Here field AUART could be used, in pricing.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Revise pricing theory.

The concept is very simple.

Example:

If the business requirement is for a particular material e.g. M-1, ALL customers gets 10INR discount.

1. In field catalogue, there are all fields, search for the field that is required for you, in this case field is MATNR

Field catalogue path:

IMG (or spro) > Sales and Distribution > Basic Functions > Pricing > Pricing Control > Define Condition Tables

Conditions: Allowed fields

2. Create a condition table, with field MATNR, in V/03

3. Create a new access sequence, in V/07

4. Put the condition table created in 2, in the access sequence, in V/07

5. Put the access sequence in the condition type (e.g. K004) in V/06

6. Put this condition type in the pricing procedure, in V/08

7. Assign the pricing procedure to the sales document, in OVKK

8. Create a condition record in VK11, ...for M-1, discount = 10INR, in VK11

Testing:

When user creates a sales order with material M-1, in VA01, the discount shall be populated.

When user creates a sales order with material M-101, in VA01, no discount shall be populated.

This is because of the configuration (standard) done above.

Now in place of MATNR if you substitute PSTYV it shall work for your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for every one who supported me now i understood

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wanted to configure this requirement in IDES system. But I could not find PSTYV (item category) in

Field catalogue path:

IMG (or spro) > Sales and Distribution > Basic Functions > Pricing > Pricing Control > Define Condition Tables

Conditions: Allowed fields

Ofcourse a field can be added to the field catalogue. No problem!

In my client system, where I had checked, PSTYV was present.

Please check and confirm if in the pricing field catalogue field PSTYV is present.

FYI: AUART (sales document type) is present.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am surprised to see you have posted this query by copy pasting from here

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-sd/automatic-discount-based-on-item-cat...

In the past, you have already been warned not to do this practice but it is regret to note despite cautions from Forum Moderators, you keep on continuing this practice.

This is the final warning and please stop this practice IMMEDIATELY, failing which, I will recommend your user id for deletion.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear lakshhmipathi sir

yes u r correct in that thread i didnt find answer so i want to know answer

if u feel i am wrong to find answer ok delete my account

ok by

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, you should provided that link and posted your query stating you were not clear on that.  Please make it as a practice whenever you want to learn something for an already posted query, you have to provide the original link also.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu

Atleast make an effort to check the scenario before posting the issue. Have you really tried it out? I think everyone in this forum are answering your queries during their busy schedules. So atleast respect the effort they are putting.  Please do a round of testing and only post the issues if you are really in need of help.

All the best

Regards

Harish

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread where the same was posted and suggestions given therein.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1910472

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

let me approach this in two methods for discount .

method 1) ( scale basis discount) ex for 100 pcs 10% discount or .. 100kg 1% discount ....

goto v/06 then scroll down .. select the condition type that u are using then click detail button, scroll down and there u can see SCALES section.. in that u can select scale basis .. here u can select either quantity basis , weight basis , volume basis depending on type of material ...or u can go for the scale formula (may require abap rountines for special requirements like writing formula ). and save and assign this in the pricing procedure ..

method 2 ) normal discount

for discounts condition type to select is KA00. now go to the item level (VA02 to change the existing sales order ) in the item category and double click the item .. then go to conditions tab and enter the new condition type KA00 and then enter the % of discount you want to give in the amount field and then press enter and then save ...

this way u can attain discount at the item level for ea

ch item .. if there are hundreds of items then its better u assign KA00 condition type in the pricing procedure .to the selected customers ... i mean maintain in the info record VK11.. customer and material and the pricing procedure ... that should solve your problem i guess ...

Regards

Ramesh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu ,

Please post with clarification , i didnt understand.If you put some more information , i will give accurate answer

Thanks,

Naren K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear narendra

suppose we have different type of materials available ,genarally we give discount based on material right i am asking u it doesnt matter which material it is bt i want discount automatically based on item categorys tan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

you can achieve this business scenario by creating new requirement , if you check standard price pricing type PR00 in pricing procedure , requirement 2 was assigned. so for activating PR00 system first check the requirement 2 , if the requirement satisfied than only PR00 activated,

In requirement 2 we clearly mention that Item category ( ex Tan ) of particular line item relevant for price. if this  requirement satisfy than only PR00 activated in pricing.

In you case also create one discount type and develop one requirement routine with the help of ABAPER and assign the routine in requirement field in pricing procedure ( V/08).

If you want further clarification, please let me know.

Regards,

Patchala

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and develop one requirement routine with the help of ABAPER and assign the routine in requirement field in pricing procedure ( V/08).

Why are you suggesting to create a new routine / requirement?

I donot see any need of creating a new routine for this business requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you will have to go for a routine if it is not working. I am not sure why your condition type did not work at first place.

regards

Harish

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

at access sequence activate that table for exclusion indicator , then maintain the condition records

then you will check ,

other maintain the condition type alter native calculation routine

then you will check