Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRM generate step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,
We are working with GRC AC 10.0 SP8

When configuring the BRM functionality we realized that when going through the maintain authorization step the role is created and though avalaible before going through the generate step.

So, our question is what is the purpose of the generate step if the role is already avalaible when i go through the maintain authorization step.

thanks in advance

kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

the generation of role is needed when you're creating a role containing authorization objects only (not by adding t-codes) for example. After generation of such a role the table COLL_AGR will be maintained. Without this entry you will not be able to transport the role as by creating role via GRC BRM the table will not be maintained.

If you're doing role maintenance by using PFCG and upload the role regularly the step "generate" is not necessary. But consider the maintenance of role owner, company settings a.s.o.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

It is true that Shaily said. But in my case, when I was creating a role I can generate the perfil, so we delete this stage from methodology (generate).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Yes, you are right that if you just create role in BRM and then check the R/3 system, the role is available there. But if you see its Authorization tab, you will find that the profile is not generated for that role. Means that role still is of no use as its profile is not generated ( the Authorization tab is still yellow).

But once when you generated that role in BRM then if you check the R/3 system you will see that now that role is fully generated with its profile (Authorization tab is green) and hence can be used to assign to the user.

Hope this clarifies your query 🙂

Regards

Shaily