cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployed component not listed in SDM

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have some non-SAP components that I want to unisntall from my QAS portal.  They are listed in /ComponentInfo but I do not see them listed in SDM in either the Deployed tab or  the UnDeploy tab.  Can I undeploy them using SDM command line?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear MJ ,

Hope you are doing good.

During detection of components, JSPM and SDM use the same source of data, that are two repositories with J2EE component information:

SDM repository in  /usr/sap/<SID>/<CI>/j2ee/SDM/root

and
CVERS - BC_COMPVERS table in system database

You mentioned that some components are not visible in SDM; if so, please enable repository
synchronization from /usr/sap/<SID>/<CI>/j2ee/SDM/program:

./StopServer.sh
./sdm.sh jstartup mode=standalone
./sdm.sh systemcomponentstate mode=activate
./sdm.sh jstartup mode=integrated
./StartServer.sh

See SAP note 828978 as well.

You can undeploy using SDM command line interface:  ( ./sdm.sh undeploy compname=<SCA> compvendor=sap.com

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Thank you and have a nice day :).

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Performed synchronization and the objects still are not appearing.  So far I have not had luck with the command line undeploy.  I keep getting RC 104.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear MJ,

If you are not able to see it in SDM, then most likely they are libraries and you do not and will not be able to remove them.  Please have a look at the SAP NOTE: 1715441. You can use the undeploy commend in telnet. So after, add deploy, you just need to type "undeploy -h". man undeploy should give you more info as well.
Other options for deployment are also mentioned. The undeploy is also similar.

Thank you and have a nice day!

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

These are not SAP components, they are 3rd party SSO components we were testing.  I  will have to open a ticket with SAP.  Not sure why I would have to use Telnet, the command line should work

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Mary Jane ,

Telnet just provides you another option to undeploy along with SDM. If you do not see the 3rd party files in the system info, then most likely they are libraries and need to be removed from the DB using DB delete commands. However, only closer perusal of the logs will help.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers (0)