cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give alert message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have WD table with the list of records to update or create a new record. I have updated the record but I did not save that record, in this case I want to display an alert message if I select an another record to change or if I open another component or if I close the window.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do something similar to WorkProtect Mode. Go through <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/88/585d420447e054e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">this</a>.

You can set the <i>"setApplicationDirty"</i> property to true as soon as some record is in the modify mode and set the property to false as soon as it is saved. Now when switching to modify mode for a record, you can check this property and if it is true, throw a pop-up.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

Thanks for your quick response, is that property set for the application or I have write any code, if I have write any code where I have to write that code.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to write code. Whenever you try to update a record, set the application state as "dirty". When the user clicks on the "Save" button or something, set the application state as not dirty.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the solution.