cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline approval with outlook 2010

pratap_jk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have issue with offline approval, we are using outlook 2010. All config was fine but the approval mail is missing with approve n reject buttons. Could anyone give some idea how to fix this issue. Does this issue can be fixed? Please give your suggestions.                                                                                                               Regards Jagad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pratap_jk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks to all for sharing your experience.

We have implemented the note and it worked fine. I have doubt on Manual Pre-Implement and Manual Post Implement. What exactly it is?

Regards

jagad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagad,

The note 1682407 needs to be applied  to the links appear in the outlook email.

Cheers,

Melina

PS.: Please assign the concerning points

pratap_jk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Melina,

Thanks for the quick update. The note was saying the configuration for Outlook 2007. Does the same works for 2010 also?

If you have been using the same, then please confirm me.

Guys if any one faced this issue then please give ur views to solve this issue.

Regards

jagad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jagad,

Yes, the note applies for Outlook version  from 2007 on.

You can for sure use it.

Cheers,

Melina

pratap_jk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Melina,

Note has been implemented. Now the mail in Outlook 2010 is having an additional URL. After clicking on it, a webpage is opening in that we can see the actual HTML message that is being sent from SAP which has the Approve & Reject buttons.

This is the only way it works? or anything I'm missing?

Regards

jagad

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are not missing anything. Starting with outlook 2007 Microsoft decided not to use the internet explorer engine anymore for displaying mails in outlook with html markup. This was because of security reasons. Also the functionality using the buttons was removed due to this.

So now there are 2 workarounds for this:

1. Use the outlook functionality to display the email message in the browser (making the buttons work again)

2. Implement the already mentioned note to display a link which will in turn create a new email message which you will have to send to SRM yourself (with some nice technical, cryptical text in it).

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute the program /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND in SE38.

There is a option Approval Buttons (Available, Not Avaialble) in HTML Mail.

You have to select proper option.

With Regards,

Malay

pratap_jk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Malay,

Approval buttons was selected in the program.

It was working with Lotus mail, only with outlook 2010 this was not working. Anything need to be checked from the program side or any specific modifications need to done for using Outlook 2010.

Please give me some idea to fix this issue.

Regards

Jagad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagad,

Are you using SRM 7 or SRM 5?Also, what is the program you have set up to send email notification to approver?

In SRM 7.0 Offline approver email notification can be sent /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND. By default this program include Approve / Reject button if you have some variant set not to include button then you will not see that. Please find below screen shot, Approval Button in HTML Mail is checked as Available then you will see Approve / Reject button.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh