cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 7.1 SP upgrade

0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am using NW IDM - Below are my versions  NW 7.01 SP7  IDM 7.1 SP5 and I have been asked to update the SP level for IDM.  I am finding it hard finding any relevant information - At the moment I just want to scope out what work is actually required but it seems I can't locate any relevant information.

I have found within the SP6 stack an install guide however I was wondering if there is any other information available.  The steps are outlined below

1. Upgrade the database schema.

2. Upgrade the Management Console.

3. Upgrade the Runtime Components.

4. Upgrade the Identity Management User Interface

I have downlowded the SP 6 stack however there is no database schema in the SP- Does this mean an Oracle upgrade to the latest supported version??

Also as my NW stack is NW 7.01 SP7 - is it also best practice to upgade the NW SP level first then perform the IDM update - As from what I have read it only mentions the IDM components.  Could anybody shed any light on best practice?

Any help would be much apprciated.

Thanks in advance

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the database schema should be contained in your designtime components download.

Yes, it would be a good idea to upgrade your NW AS Java stack at the time of the upgrade, we usually do at my customers.  Not necessary, but a good idea (best practice).

The procedure you outlined is fine.  Once 1 component gets upgraded, they all need to be upgraded, so there isn't a specific order it needs to be in.

Good luck!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You should also consider re-importing the provisioning framework after the patching, but this should be done with care to ensure any customisation you have done to the standard framework is not lost.

Good luck,

Ian

0 Kudos

Many thanks all for replying.

You have all been very helpful.

Regards

Ajay

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One important thing to remember, before you do the upgrade make sure that all dispatchers and event agents are shut down before doing the database upgrade.  You can corrupt the database if this is not done!