cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substances test features

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

In the substance property tree in transaction cg02, we want to add other properties like Test features like Reciprocatory friction monitor, Tapping torque test ... I want to know is it the right place to define them in the property or we need to enter the test feature values some where else..

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the requirements are more related to measuring points & measuring douments T-code IK01,…IK11 etc.

Reciprocator friction monitor etc is not the substance property in my point of view.

Enjoy SAP….

Don’t forget to give point if its useful ans.

Namskar,

Ketan Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These should be done in customizing - Settings for value assignments. But these requires other prerequisite like classification system settings.

Using the classification system, you can map properties in tables. The classification system uses two objects for this:

Classes:

Classes are used to define properties. Classes contain property names as attributes. The term class means the same as "table."

Characteristics:

Characteristics are table fields and are the smallest possible unit. Several characteristics can be grouped in a class. The characteristics can be assigned attributes such as data type, allowed values.

Using these two objects, you can describe properties such as melting point or acute toxity. The following sections provide the information you need to make optimum use of the possibilities the classification system offers. It is also meant to help you create an optimum data structure for processing.

Also read the SAP help document help once, you might get more clarification.

Hope this helps,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan and Sanjeev,

Thanks for your suppoert again....

Here my exact requirement is for every substance user should be able to see all the test feature values for the substance with higher limit, lower limit and the substance value for that.. Thats why according to our requirement it should be in the same window of the Substance. But only thing is it correct to put it in the property tree or not... Sanjeev can we able to put three values in the values tab even if add new tabs in the property tree.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

as fas as I understand your requirement, I would say the property tree in CG02 is the right place to include the test feature values.

Start in transaction CT04 to create the characteristics like upper limit, lower limit, value, ... For a characteristic you can specify if it is a multi-value or a single value characteristic.

Then create a class in CL02 (corresponds to a property in EH&S). Class type 100. Assign the properties.

Now you can customize the property. Go into EH&S customizing (Basic Data and Tools -> Specification Management -> Specification Database Structure -> Settings for Value Assignment -> Specify Value Assignment Types). Create a new property (usually with the same name of the class in CL02), value assignment category A. With a check box you can specify if you want to have a single instance or a multi instance property. With a multi instance property it would be possible to store multiple value assignments for this property.

Include it in a property tree to see it in CG02.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed with Andreas. Also please refer my answer to your other question which covers this also.

WR,

Sanjeev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all !!!!

-Rajesh