Sales Order Costing Configuration Steps
In addition to make to stock, we have a make to order scenario. We receive sales orders that trigger procurement and manufacturing process. In a sales order typically we have 3 type of line items:
1. Standard products (for which production for materials is started when we receive their sales order)
2. Trading goods (these are procured externally and delivered to customer along with Standard Products, such as tool box, etc.)
3. Installation & Support Fee
Please mention configuration steps require for sales order costing and period end closing process.
ramakrishna nougatla replied
1. You can use standard account assignment category E or M.
Requirement Class 40 or 46
2. You have to Run WIP, Varinace, Settlement at PCC level and if you SO is a cost objective then you have to run the month end process at SO level I.e RA analysis and SO seetlement
3. Not required costing sheet.It is depends on your business requirement ....