Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF output of PO form in BG is displaying garbage characters

abhijit_kale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have created smart form in EN language and added terms and condition as include text in this.

The print preview for BG is displayed ok but when I try to convert it to pdf (using pdf!  command) .The include text content is displayed as garbage characters.

I have applied custom style(created in se72 style) to include text in SO10.

Style: paragraph formats

B      Courier Bold           9.0 font size

P1     courier normal        9.0 font size.

In smartform,

I have applied para. format L9 Courier normal and justified to this include text.

The headers in include text have para. format as B which are properly displayed(in print preview and pdf also)

and other text in so10 have para. format as *(default) for which it is showing garbage characters.(but it is justified)

When i applied para. format P1 to other text in SO10 its is displayed in BOLD in print preview and pdf also but not justified(though it is normal courier how it is coming i dont hav any idea) and its fine.(All this para. formats I applied in SO10 by changing the style of std. text).

Please help why the garbage characters are printing in PDF for BG.Is there any paragraph format problem??

Regards

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For PDF conversion of Cyrillic with a non-unicode device type like SAPWIN, there are some requirements:
1. The language of the form must be Cyrillic language like Russian or Bulgarian or the text with the Cyrillic characters must be included as a standard text with language key BG.

2. You must use fonts COURCYR, HELVCYR or TIMECYR.

3. True type fonts should be uploaded via report RSTXPDF2 as described in SAP note #322998

Another possiblity is to use the Unicode cascading fonts PDF conversion as per SAP note #999712. Here the requirements are:

1. A cascading fonts device type SWINCF or PDFUC must be used as per note #999712.

2. True type fonts must be uploaded as per note #999712 this time via report RSTXPDF2UC.

In this case with the unicide device type the language key of the form and texts is not important.

regards,

Aidan

former_member213851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

To convert smartform to PDF, use FM 'CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF'