Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in sender Mail channel

former_member194677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

while connect to Mail sender adapter i am getting the below error in communication  channel. I am using the imap://****/Inbox

"Exception caught during processing Mail message;java.net.connectException: A remote host resfused an attempted connect operation".

Please shareyour valuable inputs.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Exception caught during processing Mail message;java.net.connectException: A remote host resfused an attempted connect operation".

Check with mail server team about what port needs to be used. That port is not enabled by your network team. Please check with them. Tell them that port that PI server using to establish connection with mail server is not enabled. You might also want to take example of seeing this typical example of how we connect to gmail server

http://email.about.com/od/accessinggmail/f/Gmail_IMAP_Settings.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I have asked Basis team to ping email server from PI server?

Can you check with the Messaging team to do the same from their end

Check with your Security team , if the Port is open for connection to both way routes.

Try to stop/start your channels as well.

Thanks,

Suji

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the prime reason is always the PI server unable to connect to the mail server due to network or port related issues.

Advice you to take this up with the network or basis team to get it in place.

former_member194677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks for the response.

I have asked Basis team to ping email server from PI server and they got the respons ..it seems thr is no port or firewall issue . Any other option that i can try please let me know.

thanks

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you ask them to do a telnet to the server and port? also check if the user you are using to connect to the mail server has the required authorizations.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can even telnet to the host+port yourself from transaction sm69, as described by Michal in his blog here - second method:

Regards,

Greg

former_member194677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi grzegorz,

Thanks for the response.

I tried and i got the same error "

A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. External program terminated with exit code 1"

Thanks

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please involve your security/network team. Have them confirm the connectivity.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So it looks like your Basis team mislead you

>>> I have asked Basis team to ping email server from PI server and they got the respons ..it seems thr is no port or firewall issue

In fact, successful ping only means no issues accessing host. But to confirm no port issues, you use telnet. So now simply get back to Basis and tell them your telnet results, based on which they should open the port for you.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you also check , if any services like Mcaffee or anyother Services is not causing the problem

If Mcaffee is there, get them disabled and check, for the results

Thanks,

Suji

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suji,

I think this can be (hardly) acceptable when investigating connection problems on a local station, but I wouldn't call it advisable to disable the network protection on PI server or mail server...

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. External program terminated with exit code 1"

BTW , which port u r using while doing the connection test??

I hope it will be 143 (generally used for IMAP).

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Similar issue was solved in the thread below, check it for a few valuable ideas:

I would personally check the following:

1. If PI can reach the mail server.

2. If ports are open for the network communication.

3. If the user from communication channel settings is authorized to access the /Inbox on the mail server.

Regards,

Greg