Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding QM view in material master

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

We are having two plants A and B .QM is active at only plant A . Now in the material masters of material created for plant A ,we have checked the tick "QM proc. Active"  in QM view and entered certificate type , control key .

But when we are extending the same material to plant B where QM is not active in SPRO , we are not checking the tick for "QM proc. Active"  .When we are doing so , the tick for "QM proc. Active"  in the material master of plant A material is also getting unchecked automatically .

Why it is hapening so ? Can anybody help ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you press f1 in  "QM proc. Active" you will find ,this tick is stored in cleint level.

means once its active for one plant in a client ,it will be activated for all the other plants in same client( even if QM view is not active for other plant).

That is what happening in your case ,which is std one.

So you have to extend the MQ view for other plant & put control key as"0000" if you do not want QM in prcurement there.

I hope this is what you are looking for !

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP PM,

As Sujit mentioned, it is happening because 'QM Proc Active' indicator is at Client Level (Not at Plant Level). So anytime you select this indicator for a particular Plant, system will automatically set the same to all other Plants assigned to that Company Code.

Also based on QM Proc Key, you need to maintain 'QM Control Key' & 'Certificate type'.

Plant/s where you've Certificate Requirement, mention relevant 'QM Control Key' (Like 0005) alongwith then you also need to enter relevant Certificate type (appplicable)... whereas;

Plant/s where you've NO Cert Requirement, mention 'QM Control Key = 0000'.

This is SAP standard function.

Regards,

Anup

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, QM is not active in SPRO means where exactly you have not maintained this plant?

When you try to extend the material to plant B whether QM Proc Active tick is in editable mode or its is grey field?

Regards,

AR

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand Rao ,

In SPRO , "maintain settings at plant level " .

Regards

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I tried to simulate the same case without maintaining plant for QM. When I try to extend the material through MM01 to such plant system allows me to do that. While doing so I get QM Proc Active field ticked already in non editable mode. I think here you are getting this un ticked.

Is this gray field? If not tick there and proceed further.

You can also try maintaining plant in QCC0 for QM and check whether problem resolves.

Activating plant for QM does not mean QM activities will be carried out there. If you don't want to inspect the material in plant B, do not maintain any inspection types.

Regards,

Anand Rao