cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXI_MONITOR view source default program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

Can I change the default program that opens the xml payload - when using the open source option?

for now - it is always using notepad, even when I use Internet explorer as the default program for xml files.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Imanuel Rahamim.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you keeping save type as Text Documents (*.txt) while saving the payload in local drive?

Give the file name as "Abc.xml" and save type as "All Files".

Hope it'll solve ur problem...

Thanks,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not really a problem....

I know that this workaround is possible.

However - I wanted the view source to immediately open the Internet explorer instead of

saving the payload as file and then open it.

Also - this is a problem for a big xml file - as the notepad don't cope well with large size files (I guess that is true for ie as well, but there are also other programs...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imanuel,

why would you want that? The window pane you see in SXMB_MONI is already the IE plug-in, so it opens with IE view by default. So why open it externally in the same view again?

The source display is useful if you want to copy the payload for a different program. Copying from IE always adds those hyphens you usually don't want.

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As already mentioned by other experts, these settings are common with IE. So what you need to do is change the program used by IE by default to display source of a page. Two possible methods are described here:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-change-ie-default-view-source-editor-from-notepad-to-other-text...

Some replys to that post confirm that these methods do work

Regards,

Greg

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imanuel,

As Jörg says if you want the change this option or add new xml editor you need to do it in the internet explorer. Check microsoft documentation for this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa753589%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Regards,