cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-line samples charging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

My question is how to charged in-line samples from production order to a Quality control cost center. Currently, samples are charged as scrap factor.

Thank you.

Regards,

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thank you for your replies. But with their business practice, no stocks should be taken to QC samples once the FG is GRed.

Also, I cannot change the cost center of scrap factor because in doing this, all the scrap factor will be charged to QC even if its not for sampling.

Thank you.

Regards,

Eva

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems that stock is getting posted to unrestricted after GR with no QM. What I understood is, you want non conforming materials to be scrapped against QA cost center.

Can't you do that with 551 movement type? You can explore the feasibility of hard coding the cost center there with enhancement so that every entry will hit the same cost center.

Regards,

AR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AR,

My problem is that we do not have a proper postings of raw materials (in line tests) that have been used for sampling.

It is in their business process that no QA samples should be taken AFTER GR. So the sampling must be taken on the raw mats during inline testing.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Eva

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't done a lot of work with this but  why can't you use an 03 inspection lot and require the samples to be confirmed as part of the 03 lot?  Then I thnk the cost of the samples would be captured via the process order.

You can still have the 04 lot created and for final release and even have some of the results copied from the 03 lot to the 04 lot if you want automatically.  And of course, you then wouldn't post any sample stock in the 04.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Kindly correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 03 is not stock relevant.

Thank you.

Regards,

Eva

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

03 is not stock relevant.  But I believe you can set up to do confirmations which go directly against the process order and reflect in the order.  I think you can charge off the qty used for samples in the order that way.

Then when the GR is done, it done for the final qty which creates an 04 lot.  No samples are posted in the 04 then since they were already accounted for in the order.

FF 

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

You can enter the quantity under Scrap field in QA32, you will be prompted to put cost center.

If you have already cleared inspection lot then you can scrap the material  in MB1A with 551 movment type.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ,Scraping against the Cost center is std practice.

You can also explore the "sample usage " tab in the stock posting screen of QA11/QA12.( you have to define cost center at the plant level setting for sample usage)