cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will BBP_SC_TRANSFER_GROUPED merge items with the same material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

our client is implementing SRM 7.0 EHP1. They want to if shopping card items with the same material can be merged into one.

I have learned the report  BBP_SC_TRANSFER_GROUPED can  group SCs with the same vender, my question is that after the grouping,  will the items with the same material be merged into one?

If the answer is no, could someone share any experience on how to merge SC items with the same material into a new SC item? After the merging, it is better that the new SC can be linked with the merged SCs  in  document tracing.

Thank you very much for your help and best regards!

Meng yang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meng Yang,

This is no possible and not really advised. Each item has a unique GUID which identifies that item. Also the item would have many different fields like required on date, account assignment, etc that could not be merged. It would also cause tracing issues and undoubtedly cause inconsistencies.

I am sorry I do not have a more suitable answer. I can definitely confirm the use of report BBP_SC_TRANSFER_GROUPED as you already mentioned only merges items with the same vendor into one follow-on document.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lisa,

Thank you so much for your valuable answer. I have another question, if two items with same material are grouped into a RFx and are not merged into one,  so when a supplier  makes a response for this RFx, he has to give the price twice for the same material (in two items)?  I think the supplier may feel a little confused when submitting the response.

Meng yang

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meng Yang,

If there are two items exactly the same in an RFx during or after creation the Purchaser can delete one item and increase the other items quantity to reflect the full quantity needed. Then there will be no confusion when the RFx reaches the vendor. This would then lead to issues with the shopping cart where that item came from, the system would think the item was deleted from the RFx and place it back in sourcing. Then the Purchaser should go to sourcing and reject the item from there. This will ensure that duplication of follow-on documents are not created.

There is the option to include Supplier Text, here an explaination can be given to the supplier regarding this duplication and maybe explaining the small differences between the items.

This is the only way around this as far as I know.

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Answers (0)