cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does DP handle "blanks" in buckets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus:

I have a question which I think I know the answer to, but I want to ask anyway.  I'm using a Key Figure of Sales to be used as the basis for a Statistical Model Fcst to be generated.  If I have a couple months within a 24 month period which have blank buckets (meaning there are no Sales), would it still take those months into consideration in the Statistical Fcst generation.  My guess is that it will.  So, if 20 months have values, but 4 don't, will it still take into consideration all 24 months for the model to generate?

Thanks.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

What you mentioned is correct with respect to blanks. The system considers all the 24 months of your history horizon irrespective of availability of value for generating statistical forecast.

However, since SCM 7.0, there is a new functionality called model reinitialization only for exponential forecast models. This allows the forecast model to adjust or react to the abrupt changes in the historical data. Pl check the following link for detail on model reinitialization.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/da/74dc3f86e64859ab77b72f3bb1e6c5/frameset.htm

Check forecast settings of planning area or forecast generation view or forecast profile to define reinitialization.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh:

Thank you so much for this response and all your responses.  It is much appreciated!!

Andrea