Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engine status shows 1000 synchronous messages in processing

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a PI 7.0 which is showing 1000 messages in processing in RWB --> Adapter Engine --> Engine Status --> Additional Data --> Synchronous Messages in Processing.

When I click on the radio button it lists all the messages and indeed the 1000 messages that are listed are all from today, reaching back to 3 pm (now having 11 pm).

Two things to notice.

1. During the day the number of messages slightly increased to say 1050, then 1034 and such. It would, however never fall below 1000

2. When i open an message audit by clicking on the ID they all (at leas all i saw) say DLVD as status.

Any clues on this?

Thanks and kind regards

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are these 1000 messages from the same interface or different? I think due to connectivity issues the adapter engine (example mail adapter or jdbc adapter) stops processing at the call adapter step or so. Please check in SXMB_MONI whether you see any error details on the call adapter step. Also check the java stack log trace and see any issues. Sometime network issues could cause temporarily messages stay in delivered status. Refresh RWB and see any status changes for those messages. Or the target system slowly respond (example) in case of jdbc adapter and that could cause keeping the following messages in the waiting state.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs,

@Baskar:

These 1000 messages are from different interfaces. We had some problems recently and restarted AF Core (without restarting whole java engine). Do you think this could have caused the problem?

The messages are even from different adapters, being SOAP, RFC, probably HTTP, too.

In SXMB_MONI there were no errors for the listed messages. I checked all Messages in RWB --> Adapter Engine with all statuses. There were no errors, no waitings, not nothing... only successful messages.

@Jörg:

The sender systems seem to get answers to their calls so everything seems working fine. I did not yet restart the java engine since we have a single core installation and this would lead to a service outage. I will however advice the administrators to do so this weekend.

Thanks so far for the input. Looks to me that there at least is no direct problem with the 1000 messages displayed. I'll keep you posted about the result of the java engine restart.

Cheers

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

did you monitor the whole track of one of those messages? If they're in status DLVD that looks a successful status to me. And usually I'd expect the message would go to error status in all systems should there be an error somewhere. Best check in the sender system using the message ID. Although I admit this doesn't make much sense, since you are in adapter monitoring and in there it reports that the messages were delivered.

Does this number persist after a restart of the Java engine? If yes, I assume this is some database error, since synchronous connections cannot be possibly be in processing status after a complete restart.

Regards,

Jörg