cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you deactivate the enqueue service in a Training system?

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We want to be able to provide configurator training on our SAP system but it's a hinderance when you are only allowed to change config entries one at a time. If we manage the entries added by each of the attendees we can ensure uniqueness without having to lock the table. I believe SAP themselves use this technique on some of their training environments so I know it's not only possible but it is doable.

Does anyone know how to do it or can share the steps to acheive this?

Thank you

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

While i am not particularly proud of what I am about to suggest but I think you can try to set

rdisp/wp_no_enq to zero in the instance profile and then try to bring up the instance. Not 100% sure that instance would come up (99.9% I think it will). You will get errors in sick transaction for sure and what else I am not very sure but if it is a system you  think you can afford to break you can give it a shot.

Regards.

Ruchit.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Agree with Ruchit. besides that, you can try to set rdisp/enqname to a null name.

Give it a try and see how it goes.

Cheers,

Nicholas chang

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The instance would come up for sure , but there will be lots of errors. You will not be able to work with transactions that set locks on table like SMLG. For lock on objects like dbacockpit it will not accept any changes.

As far as SAP is concerned , I believe they modify ABAP codes to bypass the enqueue and dequeue function calling .

For customer systems , I believe you cannot do it what you are trying to.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure SAP would be completely bypassing the enqueue or dequeue mechanism for their training because that will be chaotic. What SAP could have done is have introduced good old row level locking instead of table level locking wherever applicable ( SM30) which is something not very difficult to achieve when seen in isolation. For large amount of tables yes it is lot of work plus when it involves standard tables it will be more sensitive.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu