cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting: CIF Transfer of PDS does not set planning procedure 3 in Product Masters at vendor location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have material in ECC with procurement type F and Special procrmenment 30 (SUBCONTRACTING)

We have the Purchasing info records in ECC with version maintined (indicating the production version)

When we CIF the PDS and the Purch Info Rec , end item and componenets are created at the  vendor location.

T-Lanes are alos created .

However , the planning procedure is not set to 3 (automatic planning)  at the vendor location in SCM for the end item and the components.

Instead, it is set to 2 , which is the normal (without subcontracting).

Every time new materials are CIFed over, we have to go manually into /SAPAPO/MAT1 at vendor location and set planning procedure 3.

As far as I am aware, this is standard behavior that the planning procedure is set to 3 at he vendor location . This helps in genearing the planned

order at the vendor location and the requisition for the component to the plant.

Has anybody encounterd this problem? Do I need to implement some notes/Badi ?

We have ECC 6 and SCM 5.1 (SP 😎 combination running. 

--Prabhas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes by default it will be 2 you have to use the BADI SMOD_APOCF005 Method EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001.

Value in Product Location Master Data will be overwritten by value in Product Default Value.

Please refer the OSS note 1534157 for more details.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh.

Thanks for the quick response.

I already have the CIF exit in place for overriding the default '2' and it works well for normal materials + plant combination transfer.

But my probem is specific to subcontracting scenario . Remember that in ECC,  material is not defined at vendor location , however for subcontracting to work in APO, Product (both the finished good and the componenent) must be created at the vendor location.

When I transfer the purchasing info record and PDS through CIF , this automatically creates the the products at the vendor location but the planning procedure is not set to "3". As far as I am aware , this is standard behavior for subcontracting .

Even if this is not standard, this should work as I already have the CIF exit in place and it is working for other scenarios.  

--Prabhas

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to define the product default value for the exit at vendor location to pickup the default value in CIF transfer.

I already have the CIF exit in place and it is working for other scenarios.  

Please check how system is picking default value for other manufacturing location product CIF?

Then you need to apply same logic for vendor location also.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar